Welcome back to our two part series on 11 of the most common HVAC issues. Today, the American Services heating and cooling team near Fairview Heights will give you the final six issues of this series. Let’s get started!
- Thermostat – Everything starts with a good, working thermostat. This is because this little device tells your system what to do and when. Before calling in for service be sure your thermostat is on and in working order.
- Drain Lines – The major issue with drain lines happens when they become filled with dirt or algae. This will cause water to leak and can lead to water damage. Regular maintenance can help you avoid this issue completely.
- Refrigerant Leak – Refrigerant leaks happen. Many times your technician can recharge your unit with new coolant and you are up and running. If the leak happens to be in the condenser or evaporator, you will need to have a larger repair.
- Compressor – Your compressor’s health is directly related to your unit being properly charged with the right amount of refrigeration. Not enough will lead to overheating and too little will cause liquid slugging. Make sure your unit’s charge is being checked during regular maintenance.
- Condensor Coil – Since your condenser coils are exposed to the outdoor elements it is necessary to clean them often to avoid dirt and grime build-up.
- Evaporator Coil – To avoid your evaporator coil from cracking, consult your owner’s manual for a suggested cleaning schedule.
As you can see, there are a number of issues that can cause problems with your HVAC unit, but many can be avoided with regular maintenance and a little care. In fact, regular maintenance and care can save you time, money, and a lot of down time. Make sure your commercial HVAC equipment is up to par by contacting the American Services team now!