During the spring and summer months restaurants, gas stations, and other businesses that serve ice depend on their ice makers to keep their customers happy and cool. Without the proper planning, your booming business could slow due to poor planning for the needs you have to meet. In order to help you keep your customers cool with the right ice this summer, the team at American Services wants yo to consider the following specifications.
Ice Required Per Person – This refers to the amount of ice you will need per day for each customer you serve. If this calculation isn’t done properly you could end up with a shortage of ice and ultimately loose valuable business. Here are some of our basic specs for this calculation:
- In a restaurant setting, you will want to have an average of 3 pounds of ice per person.
- In a fast food setting, you will want to have an average of 3 pounds of ice per person.
- In a banquet service setting, you will want to have an average of 1 pound of ice per person.
- In an office cafeteria setting, you will want to have an average of 3 pounds of ice per seat.
- In a situation where you are filling large containers, you will need to have 4 pounds of ice per gallon container.
Now that you understand how much ice you will need, you will also need to decide on the type of ice you will offer. This is what we recommend.
- In a restaurant setting we recommend cube style ice.
- In a fast food setting we recommend small cube style ice.
- In a banquet service setting we recommend cube or crushed style ice.
- In an office cafeteria setting we recommend cube or crushed style ice.
- In a situation where you are filling large containers we recommend cube style ice.
Remember, these are only basic recommendations and finding the right mix for your business is best accomplished by calling the University City area cooling experts at American Services today!
When you serve customers that expect the perfect drink each time they visit your business, you defiantly understand the importance of having the right ice machine to meet that need. Today, let’s talk about a few factors that will help you choose the right machine!
First, it’s important to understand that there are two types of commercial ice makers – water-cooled and air-cooled. The type you choose will depend on a number of factors. These factors include whether you are more worried about energy-efficiency or water-efficiency. It’s best to talk to a professional about the energy- and water-efficiency aspects of each type of machine in order to choose the perfect one for your needs.
Once you understand the pros and cons associated with both types of commercial ice makers, you will need to consider a number of other factors associated with choosing the right machine for your business. These factors often take into consideration the type of customer you serve and how you serve them. When meeting with a professional commercial ice machine expert, talk about melt times, volume in relation to daily production needs, customer preference, maintenance needs, and the location of your machine. All of these factors will work together in helping you get the right machine for your specific needs.
The team at American Services offers the St. Peters area heating, cooling, refrigeration, cooking equipment, industrial equipment, and beverage systems services you need! Our team is trained on a wide-variety of equipment in order to provide the best all-inclusive service, maintenance, and repairs to our many St. Louis commercial customers. Next time you are in the market for a new ice maker, be sure to contact our team of specialists to get a FREE estimate. We understand your needs and will have the right tools to help you get the perfect ice maker for your very valuable customers!
Excessive heat like that experienced during a summer heat wave can be dangerous and taking precautions to avoid serious complications due to the heat is a must! Today, the team at American Services wants to help you stay cool during those long summer heat waves with a few helpful tips and tricks. Let’s get started!
When you or your loved ones have to be in the heat, there are a number of precautions that can be taken to help your body deal with the high temperatures. First, you need to make sure that you are wearing appropriate clothing for the weather. Something that is light in color and looser fitting is best. It is also helpful to wear a had with a wide brim to protect your face from the sun. Once you are out in the elements, you will need to take frequent water breaks and, if possible, go into the air conditioning to cool down. Applying a sunscreen of 30+ SPF will also eliminate sunburn risks.
As the weather heats up, it is also important to remember the added dangers of having small children, the elderly, and pets out in the heat for extending periods of time. People and pets can not be left in an unattended car when temperatures are much above 60 degrees and those without air conditioning need to be checked on daily or taken to a place that is cooled with AC.
Finally, keeping up with the daily forecast and staying vigilant is your best weapon when battling the heat.
Although the team at American Services specializes in heating and cooling services near St. Charles, we still understand the importance of keeping all individuals safe during the long hot days of summer. We hope these tips will help you, your family, and friends safe during the rising temperatures.
Ever wonder how everyone else is heating their homes and businesses across the country? If so, the following information from Energy.gov will fill your curiosity. According to the Buildings Energy Data Book 2011, Americans heat their homes in the following manner:
- 49% of Americans use Natural Gas as a heating source.
- 34 % of Americans use Electricity as a heating source.
- 6% of Americans use Fuel Oil as a heating source.
- 5% of Americans use Propane/LPG as a heating source.
- 3% of Americans do not have or use any heating equipment.
- 2% of Americans use Wood as a heating source.
- 1% of Americans list “Other” as their heating source.
No matter which of these heating sources your family utilizes, it is important to take a look at your whole-house approach to heating and cooling. This is especially true because heating and cooling bills average out to be 48% of your total spend on energy for the year.
While the weather is warm and your heating system is taking some time off, be sure to contact a professionally trained HVAC technicians to inspect and perform routine maintenance on your equipment. This small step will not only ensure that your system is up and running when the weather gets cooler, but it will also add years of quality life to your investment.
At American Services, our commercial HVAC technicians can help you get all of your business systems up to date and ready for cooler temps too! This is just as important as keeping your personal system in check and has benefits including less downtime, confidence in keeping your customers comfortable, and reduced monthly utility costs!
The team at American Services specializes in commercial heating and cooling services near Hazelwood, MO. With a focus on complete customer care, American Services continues to serve the St. Louis area with professional technicians, quality workmanship, and affordable pricing. If you have a commercial heating, cooling, or refrigeration related repair need, please feel free to give American Services a call for a FREE estimate today!
Types of Ice & Daily Production Expectations:
- Flaker Ice – Daily production for Flaker Ice is 150 to 2,600 pounds. This type of ice comes in the form of a snowflake and is used for food displays. Flaker Ice has a 73% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Nugget Ice – Daily production for Nugget Ice starts at 150 pounds per day. This type of is crunchy and chewable compacted Flaker Ice. Nugget Ice has a 90% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Half-Diced Ice – Daily production for Half-Diced Ice is 130 to 3,300 pounds. This type of ice generally measures in at generally 3/8” x 1 1/8” x 7/8” and is the most popular soda ice. Half-Diced Ice has a 100% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Diced Ice – Daily production for Diced Ice is 60 to 2,000 pounds. This type of ice generally measures in at generally 7/8” x 7/8” x 7/8”. Diced Ice has a 100% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Crushed Ice – Daily production for Crushed Ice is up to 2,000 pounds. This type of ice is either diced or half-diced ice that has been crushed into smaller pieces. Crushed Ice has a 100% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Tubular Ice – Daily production for Tubular Ice is 30 to 184 pounds. This type of ice is long and round with a hold in the center, softer, and chewable. Tubular Ice has a 100% Ice to Water Ratio.
- Gourmet Ice – Daily production for Gourmet Ice is 60 to 1,000 pounds. This type of ice is typically used when creating craft cocktails. It is hard and clear and comes in shapes such as octagon, round, or square. Gourmet Ice has a 100% Ice to Water Ratio.
If you would like expert advice regarding the right kind of ice for your customer-base, contact the team at American Services today! Our team of refrigeration experts near Ladue understand the ins and outs of all ice machines and can get you set-up with a free estimate. Call today and get the ice you need tomorrow!
Finding a reliable contractor that you can be loyal to with all of your service, repair, and maintenance work has many advantages. These advantages will serve you in a number of valuable ways and even give you an extra boost over your competitors. Today, the team at American Services HVAC near Ballwin wants to show you why you should choose an HVAC contractor and become loyal to that one company.
- Price Negotiations – A loyal customer is always going to get the best price when working with any contractor. When you are loyal to the same contractor for an extended period of time, your contractor will thank you for your loyalty with special discount opportunities or a reduced rate just because. You will also have the advantage of being able to more easily negotiate a reduced price for upgrades and other extras along the way.
- Personalized Service – When you use the same contractor for any length of time they begin to understand your very personal needs. This allows for a better overall experience for both the contractor and the client. With a loyal contractor you take some of the guess work out of what you need and why.
- Expedited Service – As a preferred or loyal customer, your contractor should be able to fit in your unexpected service needs in a speedier manner.
- Payment Term Flexibility – Once you have paid your contractor on time for a number of jobs, you are more likely to get some flexibility on the terms related to credit that a contractor can extend to your business. This may allow you the ability to upgrade your equipment faster or help you get through a cash flow issue.
As you can see, there are a number of reasons that make being a loyal HVAC customer a smart idea. The team at American Services would be delighted to have you as a part of our loyal customer list. Let us get yous tarted with a free estimate today!
Thank you for re-joining us as we continue our discussion on leasing restaurant equipment near Kirkwood. Many restaurant owners decide that leasing is a great deal because it reduces the need for up-front cash, but there are a few things that need to be taken into consideration before embarking on the process of entering a lease. Today, the American Services team will go over a few more tips and reminders for those looking to lease.
- Don’t take the first offer you get. Comparison shopping is key if you want to get the best deal. Get pricing from 3-5 vendors, ask to take a look at the agreements, and do your homework. If nothing else, having that many quotes will allow you to more effectively negotiate with the company you most want to do long-term business with.
- Check into your current credit score. Is your credit damaged or non-existent? If so, leasing will either cost you big bucks in interest or may not even be an option at all. Checking your credit before you get started can save you a lot of time in the long run.
- Read all the fine print and consider having an attorney look over your lease agreement. Never sign anything until you fully understand it. Lease agreements can be a wonderful option, but if you get stuck in a bad one you will suffer for a long time.
- Check into the option to try before you buy. Some leasing companies also have rental programs that allow you to try a product before you purchase or lease it. This is a great way to see if the equipment will perform as needed before you sink money into it.
- Consider purchasing used. Used equipment can offer a great cost savings if it was well taken care of by previous owners. Check with the lease company to see if they also offer used options.
If you are a restaurant owner with equipment maintenance, service, or repair needs contact the American Services team today.
Finding out that you are paying too much for a service like commercial cooling repair is a disappointing situation. Not only do you find out that you trusted the wrong person for the job, but you additionally loose money that could have been used for an upgrade to your system or other expense. Today, the team at American Services will help you determine if you are paying too much for your commercial cooling repairs near Fairview Heights.
Before beginning the process of hiring the right commercial cooling contractor there are a few important questions you should consider.
- What type of repair will you be hiring for?
- How long will the repair last?
- What type of warranty comes with the repair and how long are you protected?
- Have I shopped around for the best price and quality available in the market?
- What qualities have I liked or not liked with my current or past HVAC contractors?
Once you have answered these questions and have made your decision concerning the contractor you will use for your repairs, you will need to re-visit these points on a regular basis. This will allow you to continue to make the most informed decision about who to hire in the future. Before hiring your “regular” contractor for another job, ask yourself these quick questions:
- Have I been satisfied with the work that has been provided in the past?
- Was the price fair in relation to the market?
- Have past quotes been on target or have you been given a price quote only to find the price goes up as the repair is being completed?
- Have any warranty claims been filed and if so, how easily have they been handled?
- Was the work done right the first time and on time?
- If there are problems, how accommodating is your contractor when fixing them?
As you can see, hiring the right contractor at the right price is a continued task that shouldn’t be taken lightly. As you consider the cost associated with your upcoming HVAC repairs, think about giving the reliable and affordable team at American Services a try!
During the summer months most commercial heating systems sit on stand-by for the coming winter season. Why not use this opportunity to have your system inspected, maintained, and repaired? In fact, the summer months are the perfect time to upgrade you old system so that you can take advantage of the utility savings immediately as the winter weather rolls in!
Here at American Services our trained technicians are experts at helping commercial heating customers make the right decisions concerning repairs, maintenance, and upgrades. Let’s check out all the reasons why you should call the experts at American Services for heating service now.
Why do repairs during the summer? Taking care of know heating system problems now will take the guess work out of whether or not your system will function once the weather turns colder. It also reduces down time and ensures the comfort of your employees and customers.
Why maintain during the summer? Proper regularly scheduled maintenance is the biggest factor in the overall health of your heating system. Even if you aren’t using your system an American Services tech can come by your place of business on a monthly or quarterly basis to ensure that your system will start up and function properly as needed without any question.
Why upgrade during the summer? The summer months are the perfect time to upgrade your system for a couple of reasons. First, since you aren’t using your heating system while the weather is warm, you won’t even notice that the system is down while the install is happening. This approach also affords you the time to carefully research the system you want without the immediate need that comes from replacing a system out of need.
Don’t put off the health of your heating system just because the summer heat is here. Contact the Belleville area commercial heating technicians at American Services to inquire about repair, maintenance, and upgrade services today!
Choosing an ice machine that gives you clients the quality ice they want is important to all refrigeration clients near O’Fallon. Today, let’s take a look at just a few tips on choosing the right machine for your needs!
What are the main differences in home-based and commercial ice machines?
The main differences you notice when choosing a commercial ice machine versus what you would have in your home include means of dispensing the ice, energy savings opportunities, and the number of available accessories.
What types of commercial ice machines are on the market?
There are two types of commercial ice machines on the market. These include water-cooled machines and air-cooled machines. You will find that the water-cooled machines are more energy efficient and that air-cooled machines are more water-efficient.
What key factors should be considered when selecting the right ice machine?
There are 5 key factors to remember when choosing an ice machine. These factors are:
- Melt Times – Think about your typical customer and how long they expect their drink to stay cold. Larger ice equates to a slower melt and will make a drink last longer.
- Volume – How much ice do you need per day? How much will you need in the future as your customer base grows?
- Customer Preference – Do your customers typically like a cube that can be chewed? How is your water quality? Should you upgrade with a filter to make the taste of your ice more pleasant?
- Maintenance – When thinking about maintenance it’s important to remember that all machines will need some. At the same time, the team at American Services can help you choose a model with a good track record for creating the lease hassle.
- Locations – Where will you be storing your ice machine? You may have to get creative if limited on space, but in need of a larger machine that creates a larger volume of ice.
Contact the American Service team for more help with your next ice machine purchase!