As the weather begins to cool, often times buildings become closed off and struggle to supply fresh air to those who inhabit them. That’s why it’s important to have a plan regarding your indoor air quality ahead of time and to share the practices with those who you employ. Today, the Fenton area heating and cooling experts at American Services will give you some top ways to provide fresh air during the cold weather months.
- If you use a humidifier, be sure the system is cleaned regularly. This will ensure that you are not letting old germs and toxins back into the air.
- Consider investing in an air purifying system. These systems can get rid of up to 99% of air pollution and provide clean air without much added effort.
- Be mindful of chances to ventilate the air. For example, if you experience an unseasonably warm day, open a few windows and let the fresh air in.
- Get rid of aerosol cleaning sprays and consider using environmentally friendly alternatives like a simple water, vinegar, and dish soap solution to clean surfaces.
- Add exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms. Be sure these units are sized to empty the space properly and are used regularly.
- If you use a dryer in your business space, be sure that the unit is properly vented to the outside of the building and that the ventilation is clean.
- Make sure that any vacuums being used have clean canisters and are sanitized regularly.
- Consider having your duct work professionally cleaned.
- Regularly replace furnace air filters with those that address your specific pollutant issues.
- Get a quote on having antimicrobial treated door mats put at all entrances to your building to reduce outdoor pollutants from coming into your space.
The American Services team hopes these effective tips will keep your space clean and fresh during the upcoming winter months!
Do you realize that heating a space that isn’t energy efficient could be costing you thousands of extra dollars each year? Spaces that aren’t allowing for commercial heating systems to work properly cost business owners in ways they don’t even understand. That’s why now is the time to make sure your commercial space is able to handle the upcoming winter months. Let’s talk about how that can be achieved.
When looking at your commercial space for ways to make it more energy efficient, you will first want to consider having an official energy audit. An energy audit is conducted by a professional who understands just how buildings waste energy. They also understand how to address these issues with both easy, inexpensive solutions as well as more complicate, costly solutions. An energy audit is perfect for a business owner who doesn’t mind spending a little money to address the issue of wasting energy.
If you want to audit your space on your own, there are a few things that you will want to do.
- Look at the age and condition of your windows and doors.
- Consider the insulation used in your building.
- Think about open windows or doors that could be letting cold air in.
- Examine the space for other openings that could be letting the cold air in.
And these are just a few examples. Basically, you will want to look at all areas of your space and address any areas that are sabotaging your heating system’s ability to work properly.
At American Services, Ballwin area commercial heating customers are given all of the vital information they need to make the best decisions regarding their heating and cooling systems. Be sure to contact the professionals at American Services today to schedule a free estimate service now. This service will give you all of the tools you need to make an informed decision regarding your HVAC system before you end up wasting money over the coming winter months. Call today!
It’s that time of year when businesses are using their air conditioners less often and considering when to turn on the furnace. That means that it is the best time to have a total system maintenance check and to also invest in any needed repairs or service. Today, the team at American Services commercial heating and cooling near South County will explain why now is the time to get your cooling system issues resolved and any repairs made.
When your HVAC technician suggests that you take care of your commercial cooling system issues now, you may wonder why. Well, there are actually a number of reasons. Let’s take a look at each.
First, as the weather cools down you won’t be in need of your air conditioner. This means that if there is an issue that needs to be resolved, you won’t experience down time that would cause your employees and customers to be uncomfortable. When you think about it, the timing couldn’t be any more perfect.
Additionally, you will be able to have any work done on a non-emergency basis. This means that all work will be done as a precaution. That equals less money and less stress. It also means that you can take some time to consider the scope of work that needs to be done and plan for the upcoming service. This takes a lot of pressure off what could be a large and costly project.
Finally, you will have the time to make some decisions about upgrading your service to better suite any new needs. The fall months give you time consider what you will have done. It also give yous time to save or to get financing for the scheduled project. All of these factors will contribute to a better decision-making process.
Contact the American Services team now to get a free estimate today!
The St. Louis area has already seen it’s first frost and for many, that means they have had their furnace running already. It may not be one everyday, but even running it once without the proper maintenance check can cause costly problems. Today, the premier St. Peters’s area commercial heating team at American Services wants to help you get your furnace in shape so that you can use it without any worries of causing costly damage. Let’s get started with a few basics.
First and foremost, a furnace with a clean filter is going to provide the most efficient air flow and keep your energy costs down. Be sure that you are investing in a filter that meets your specific needs. For example, an average office space may only need a basic filter that takes care of things like mild air pollutants and dust. If, on the other hand, you are replacing a filter with other needs you will want to address those with a filter made for those needs. For example, a veterinarian’s office will want to address pollutants like pet hair and dander with a filter made to take care of those issues. If you aren’t sure when choosing a filter, simply ask your American Services HVAC adviser for a recommendation.
Beyond simply changing your furnace filter on a regular basis, you will want to make sure that other possible issues are addressed before they become a larger problem. This can be taken care of by having a professional HVAC technician do a thorough maintenance check before the normal heating season begins. During your maintenance check, the technician will go over all components of your system to make sure there aren’t any obvious issues that should be taken care of before they become worse. This will ensure that when you need your furnace it will serve you without delay or added problems.
Make your maintenance appointment with the American Services team today!
Most business owners lack the amount of liquid capital needed to acquire the vast amount of equipment needed to serve their desired customer base. Due to this fact, most are left with getting a small business loan to get the items they need. If you are new to this process, the American Services team wants to help you with a few tips on preparing to get approved for such a loan. Let’s take a look!
1.) Do your research. Before deciding what lender you will seek financing through, it’s important to do your research. Look for banks that are familiar with the type of financing you need and ask for plenty of referrals from others in the business.
2.) Get all of your documentation ready to present to your potential lender. You will need financial information for both yourself and the business.
3.) Get your loan application packet completed before going to see your lender. This will show the lender that you are serious about obtaining funds from their institution. Don’t forget to include your desired repayment plan.
4.) Prepare for your loan application interview by drawing up a professional business plan for your lender. You will need practice how you want to present your plan and do so in a confident way. Remember, you are there to make them believe in you and your plan.
5.) If you still don’t feel comfortable with the loan interview and application process, reach out to resources like those offered by you local Small Business Association or SBA.
At American Services, Overland area refrigeration clients gain access to the sales, service, repair, and maintenance they need! Contact our team to get a free estimate on your next job by calling 314-733-1776 today! We look forward to helping you get the right equipment that meets all of the needs of your growing business.
Finding a team of professional heating and cooling experts near your commercial business location can sometimes prove a challenge. This problem can be due to a number of factors, but if you live in the St. Louis area it doesn’t have to be a problem anymore. At American Services, Ladue area commercial HVAC customers find the right mix of professional service, affordable pricing, and convenience all under one roof! Let’s take some time to talk about this.
Thanks to the amount of detail given to every American Services customer, there is very little room for error in their work. Each and every American Services team member understands just how important business owners needs really are. When you own a business, you have a number of important matters to take care of every day. With the American Services team behind you, you can confidently transfer your HVAC needs to them and not have to worry about that task anymore!
When American Services is looking to hire a new HVAC technician, they never take the task lightly. The HVAC tech on the American Services team are top notch. These individuals have undergone serious training, constantly update their skills set, and are up-to-date on all of the latest from the HVAC industry. This means that you can rest assured knowing that you and your equipment will be taken care of in a way not found with an ordinary service provider.
Those who use American Services also find their range of skill to be of great conveniences. Not only does the American Services team take care of heating, cooling, and refrigeration, but they also offer cooking equipment, ice machine, industrial equipment, and beverage system services. For customers this means that one service call can take care of a multitude of issues all at one time!
Call American Services now and experience the difference in what they offer today!
Leasing equipment is often the most practical solution for new restaurant equipment owners near St. Charles thanks to lower monthly payments and less restrictive approval terms. But before you go jumping into a lease, it’s important to understand how they work. Today, the American Services team will answer a few more questions about equipment leasing in hopes that you can make a more informed decision for your business.
What tax benefits are associated with leasing equipment?
Generally, business owners are able to deduct the full cost of leasing from their taxable income. This is a nice perk because you can do that for the entire length of your lease, which varies depending on your terms. At the same time, you cannot claim capital allowances on assets that are leased for less than 5, sometimes even 7 years. For full tax details, consult your accoutant or review the IRS Guidelines at irs.gov.
What perks can expect from a lease as opposed to purchasing equipment?
Many leasing companies will build maintenance costs into the lease cost in order to assure the upkeep of their equipment. This is a nice perk as it alleviates extra cost burdens for business owners. At the same time, leasing equipment may tie you down to a monthly payment that has to be made no matter if you are still using the equipment or not.
Will leasing allow me access to better equipment that I may otherwise not be able to afford?
Yes, often times you will be able to lease equipment for a lot less than it would cost to purchase with cash or with a loan. Leasing also allows for businesses to move up in equipment after several years without the hassle of selling off the old to make room for the new. This aspect is especially helpful since technology continues to rapidly change. At the same time, you never actually own your equipment when it is leased and will always be tied to a monthly payment.
Fountain soda sales are a huge business driver for many dealers who are serviced by the team here at American Services. These machines provide a unique product by mixing flavored syrups with water and carbon dioxide to provide soda on demand. Today, let’s talk about some of the most common issues dealers face when dispensing drinks from these types of machines.
Flat Soda – Dealers who call describing this problem can do the following to try to alleviate the problem. First turn off the machine and check for CO2 leaks by listening for a hissing sound from the tank. If the sound is there, fix the loose connection that is causing the leak. If that is not the issue, check for an empty tank by taking a look at the CO2 tank guage. If the gauge reads as emplty, you will need to replace your tank. At this point you will need to turn the machine back on and check for quality. If the soda is still flat, a call to the American Services team will be necessary.
Watery Soda – Dealers who call describing this problem can do the following to try to alleviate the problem. First turn off the machine and check to make sure you have syrup flowing from the syrup container. If you find that your syrup is not flowing you will need to replace the empty container with a new one and reattach the hose. Now you can turn your machine back on and check for quality. If the soda is still watery, a call to the American Services team will be necessary.
Not Dispensing Properly – Dealers who call describing this problem can do the following to try to alleviate the problem. First turn off the machine. Now you will need to make sure the machine is properly plugged in and that there isn’t any issues with the circuit breaker. Now turn your machine back on and check to see if it is dispensing. If your machine still won’t dispense, a call to the American Services heating and cooling team near Belleville will be necessary.
We all try to avoid turning our furnace units on until we absolutely have to, but it is always better to be prepared by doing so early. Upon turning the unit on we all also know that there will be some smells and sounds that could come from the unit. Today, let’s talk about the top three odors you may experience when starting up your furnace this winter.
- Odor #1 – Dusty, burning smells. This is the typical smell that you expect to encounter when you first turn on your furnace for the winter. It’s unpleasant and may make you think something is on fire in the house, but it is also totally normal. Just remember that when you unit is dormant during the summer, dust and dirt accumulate in system. When you finally need to start the unit back up, this debris is burned off as the system heats up. Just make sure it doesn’t linger any longer than a few hours.
- Odor #2 – Mustiness. If you smell a musty or moldy odor, you probably have a mold issue somewhere in your system. In this case, be sure your filter is fresh in both the furnace and your humidifier. Changing both of these filters regularly will prevent mold from growing and will thus help you avoid this issue.
- Odor #3 – Electrical. If you smell something that resembles that of plastic or electrical components burning, you should turn the unit off and call in a professional. These smells indicate a bigger problem with components that you most likely do not want to tackle on your own. This is the biggest “worry” smell out there.
If you find yourself experiencing any type of issues with your heating system near St. Louis City this fall, remember that the team at American Services can help you all of your need!
Do you find yourself working with commercial refrigeration equipment that is not meeting the needs of you and your kitchen staff? If so, fixing this issue may be easier and cheaper than you think. In fact, there are hundreds of options and accessories that commercial refrigeration equipment owners can use to optimize the everyday function of their equipment. Let’s take a quick look at just the most-popular ones you can choose from!
- When looking at refrigeration equipment, you will most likely see many units with aluminum exteriors. Think about spending a little extra money to get a stainless or vinyl unit instead. This will make the unit easier to clean and it will be more durable.
- If you are faced with a space issue or need to move a unit for cleaning purposes, casters are a great solution. Use casters instead of legs for the mobility you need.
- Are you out of space in your refrigerator but feel like you could fill the space with more food? If so, adding additional shelving could solve you problem. Take a look at your unit and come up with a plan regarding how you could maximize your space by moving and adding just a few.
- If you find yourself needing to store sheet pans or hotel pans of prepared, chilled food consider adding universal sheet pan or hotel pan slides in lieu of another wire shelf.
- Is your unit going to be in a spot where you need access from both the back and front of the unit. If so, ask to see a unit with pass through application.
The team at American Services is here to help you find the Florissant area refrigeration unit that will best suite your specific needs. Give our team a call for a free install estimate or to inquire about additional accessories that could make your unit function better.