American Services heating preventative maintenance near Collinsville, knows that there are many new innovative energy saving cooling and heating technologies available today. If you are looking for ways to save money for your small business, consider revamping your current system.
One example of a new energy saving advanced system is one that combines water heating, and room conditioning functions in one appliance with a geothermal pump using the earth as a heat absorber which saves an astounding sixty five percent of energy costs for small office spaces.
Heating and Cooling Savings Tips
- Be sure to replace all furnace and air conditioning filters at least once a month or according to manufacturer’s recommendations to keep heating and cooling systems running as efficiently as possible
- Keep all warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators clean as needed and ensure that registers are not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or window coverings
- Install upgrades for energy saving systems Your local professional technician at American Services can give you information on energy efficient models
- Check to make sure insulation is properly installed with recommended thickness and type of insulation
- Explore the possibility of air sealing
- Get rid of trapped air from hot-water radiators at least one time every season; if unsure about how to perform this maintenance be sure to call us at American Services and we will send out a professional technician to assist you with this task
- Position heat-resistant radiator reflectors between outside walls and any radiators in the office space
- Be sure employees turn off all bath exhaust fans within a short period after bathroom use
- Keep drapes open during winter months to allow sun to assist with heating the space, and closed during summer months to reduce heat entering the building when cooling systems are on
- Keep an eye on thermostat settings and implement the type of programmable setting to lower heat and cool settings at night when no one is in the office
If you allow American Services to help you implement some of these energy saving measures in your commercial space you could save between 20% up to an astounding 50% on your energy expense while helping to reduce environmental emissions-which is great PR for your business.