American Services HVAC maintenance and repair in Wentzville knows that performing preventative maintenance on your HVAC system accomplishes many things including;
– Protecting your building occupants from unnecessary exposure to IAQ, saving you from potential litigation down the road.
– Lowering utility costs, -increasing the service life of the HVAC equipment and reducing replacement costs.
Recommended HVAC component maintenance checks and services include:
-Select only the best filters-the higher the Merv rating the more efficient the filter is in removing small particles. Pleated filters made of cotton/synthetic fabrics cost a little more but boosts efficiency and the pleats increase the effective area.
– Filters should be replaced every 1 to 6 months filters capture dust that can become a food source for mold. Visually inspecting filters at regular monthly intervals which will help prevent
– Regularly inspect fans, bearings, and belts
-Twice per year at a minimum inspect your fans, the bearings, and belts. Confirm that your fan motors are running in the correct direction checking for any excessive wear damage, insure that belts are aligned and check for belt deterioration. Doing so will prevent wear an increase the life of your system.
– Clean evaporator and condenser coils at least once a year. Mold is the enemy of your evaporator coils, so cleaning them frequently will ensure your system is running clearly and efficiently. Condenser coils are greatly affected by dirt, cleaning them often will improve energy efficiency.
– Clean air ducts every 2 years in order to keep your air supply clean and system operating efficiently. It is recommended by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association that having your air ducts cleaned and serviced every other year will keep your HVAC ducting operating cleanly an efficiently while extending the life of your system.