American Services commercial refrigeration repair in St. Louis knows that when it comes to organizing your cooling and refrigeration system for your commercial restaurant, it may not be one of the most exciting tasks on your list of things to do, but did you know that the efficiency of your cooling system will be maximized if you organize the food properly?
A poorly arranged freezer and refrigeration system could even cause your equipment to work harder than it should and wear out quickly as well as raising your utility bills.
Commercial refrigerators and freezers require a specific organized method for efficiency to be maximized. This includes installation of interior pan rack slides and shelves.
With just a few changes in your commercial refrigeration system, you can increase safety and cleanliness and prevent hot spots, follow the tips below;
1. Space food items appropriately and be sure to allow adequate space between food boxes so cold air can properly circulate.
2. Refrain from storing food items on the floor- make sure all items are located at least 6 inches higher than the floor by using shelving units or dunnage racks in your walk-in cooler.
3. Be sure to keep meat stored on the lowest shelf to ensure that any spills will not end up thawing and contaminating other food items.
4. Store the fresh produce away from fans which could potentially damage fresh food resulting in freezer burn.
5. Use stickers with dates on every product and keep the newest items stored in back to ensure that the oldest food gets used first to avoid spoilage.
6. Label refrigerator shelves to keep storage organized and to make identifying food quicker for employees.
Keeping your commercial refrigerator clean and well organized will save time and money in the long run while at the same time ensuring safety and longevity of the food quality.