American Services restaurant equipment repair and maintenance service near Fairview Heights knows that with smart energy solutions implemented in commercial kitchens, restaurant owners can work smarter, not harder.
Energy Saving Tips
- Reduce preheating time-do not preheat any longer than the manufacturer recommended settings, lower your preheating time for underfired charbroilers to 15 or 20 minutes.
- Turn off your broiler-know that your broiler utilizes more energy than six fryers combined, so leaving it on stand-by results in huge unnecessary energy costs. Turing the broiler off during slow times up to 3 hours per day can result in a savings of $600 per year in energy costs.
- Use only cooking equipment needed-save money on energy costs by eliminating stand by times and turning off cooking equipment when not in use.
- Do not overload your charbroiler-use your charbroil to capacity but be sure not to overload it which could possibly damage it.
- Use your griddle whenever possible- the thermostat lets you lower the heat level which means you will utilize less energy. There are even models with grooves to simulate grill marks on the food allowing you to save money on more expensive charbroil cooking methods.
- Properly ventilate the cooking area-broilers require more ventilation than any other commercial cooking equipment because 25 percent of the heat is lost in the kitchen space, resulting in increased cooling costs.
To keep your equipment performing efficiently and with the least amount of energy, establish a regular maintenance plan with these maintain and save tips.
Keep Your Charbroil Cooking Equipment Maintained
Inspect your charbroil frequently for signs of metal fatigue and corrosion which could result in inefficient performance and increased energy usage. Make sure to clean your charbroiler properly and never raise the heat in order to cook off debris-this is a huge waste of energy and can damage gas valves. Use proper cleaning tools and take preventative measures to ensure your charbroiler remains clean. To keep your charbroiler functioning properly, remove the radiants and scrub them in a sink with a wire brush daily, be sure to clear ashes away to ensure proper heat transfer.