All restaurant owners are faced with having a number of restaurant-grade cooking units that are made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is the material of choice for high-volume use because it can resist heat, fire, and corrosion better than any other option. This also means that these units can be expensive and that their overall care is very important. Good thing stainless steel is fairly easy to take care of using a few simple tips. Today, let’s explore how you can use these tips to keep all of your stainless steel restaurant equipment looking great!
- If the piece of equipment can be soaked in warm, soapy water it is best to start your cleaning there. All of your equipment should be labeled regarding the safety of soaking. Please refer to the owner’s manual to see if the piece is waterproof before soaking.
- Remove any food or other debris by wiping all surfaces with a damp cloth.
- To avoid damaging the look of your equipment, you will need to determine the direction of the grain of the steel. Always scrub along the grain.
- The cloth you use should be non-abrasive to avoid scratches.
- The best cleaning solution is a mild dish soap. You can also use mineral oil, baking soda, and vinegar. In fact, vinegar is the best solution to use for spot removal on stainless steel.
- Once you have cleaned the debris and wiped down the unit for looks, make sure you go over the unit one more time with a damp cloth. This will ensure all cleaning agents have been properly removed.
- To finish, use a dry cloth to avoid streaks and watermarks.
Use these simple tips and you will have the best looking commercial restaurant equipment near Hazelwood!