We are on a kick of talking about your heating and cooling system at home or in your business and what to do when things are just not right. Some of the most common problems with heating and cooling systems have already been discussed. You may have trouble with your system not running properly, either not working at all, or not heating enough for the space that you are in. We have already covered many potential issues and how they can be handled in previous posts. There are a few more potential heating service issues that your HVAC Service in St Louis wants you to know about and are being listed below:
“Frequent cycling: Cycling between the “On” and “Off” modes may indicate a clogged filter, improper airflow or a bad thermostat setting. The blower continuously runs: Blower issues may indicate a problem with the limit switch, which a professional may need to replace.” Many people call heating service and install near Florissant because their furnace is too noisy. If your home or commercial heating system is rumbling, squeaking or rattling then that is likely not normal. If you are experiences abnormal sounds from your HVAC system in St Louis, then you may have a mechanical problems, or at the very least, you may be dealing with airflow reductions for some reason or a clogged burner.
There are tips that exist for St Louis Heating repairs near Florissant. First of all, you need to change the air filters in your furnace or heating and cooling systems regularly and as often as you feel necessary, even if it is more often than suggested. “Dirty air filters lead to a multitude of furnace problems. Clean or replace the filter one a month, according to the manufacturer’s directions. A furnace repair professional can show you how to do this.” Read the next post for more suggestions on how to handle heating and cooling service.
Is there anything more frustrating? You kick on the furnace, all ready to warm up and all you get is cold air from the ducts! What do you do now? Well first, don’t panic. Second, run down our list of the most common reasons why your furnace is blowing cold air!
Ask yourself these three questions first thing when you notice that your furnace is blowing cold air:
- Question #1 – Is the thermostat set to the ON or AUTO position? The ON position means that your system is blowing neutral air throughout your system continuously and not the air is being warmed. For this reason, your thermostat needs to be set to AUTO in order to kick the furnace on and blow out the warm air you are looking for.
- Question #2 – Has the air filter been changed properly? An air filter that had not been changed properly will cause your furnace to overheat since air cannot properly pass through it. When your furnace overheats, your burners will shut down due to safety controls. This will in turn cause your furnace to blow unheated air.
- Question #3 – Is the pilot light on? This seems like a simple fix – relight the pilot light and you’re back in business. But before you think you are out of the woods, make sure the pilot light stays lit. It may have gone out because of a problem in the ignition system. If you relight and it goes back out, you’ll need to call an expert out to take a look.
If you find that you have double checked these three areas of your system and you are still getting cold air it’s time to give the Wentzville area heating and cooling team at American Services a call. One of our professional technicians can visit you 24/7 and get your problem solved fast. Give our customer service line a call now to set-up an appointment!
Winter time is upon us in St. Louis and no matter what type of business you may have, keeping your employees and customers warm and cozy should be a top priority. Since this is something that rings true for nearly our entire client base, the team at American Services wants to help you understand how you can achieve this goal without much worry, hassle, or cost. The solution to this problem simply lies in scheduled maintenance visits! Today, let’s take a look at why maintenance is so important and go over a few of the top maintenance services you should be investing in.
Maintenance is key in the overall operation of nearly any large system around your business. This fact rings especially true when talking about your heating and cooling units. Both needs to be checked on a regular basis as determined by the manufacturer and your expert HVAC contractor. These regularly performed check-ups cover all of the major inner-workings of your machines, keep your HVAC system clean, catch any repairs early, and even keep your unit running at its most efficient rate. All of these things will help your system last as long as possible and work together to keep your costs low and under control.
Now that you know why maintenance is so important, let’s talk about the services you need to be investing in. Any good HVAC maintenance check-up will cover: Air Filter inspections with replacement or cleaning, ; a double check of your thermostat settings; tightening of all electrical connections; condensate drain inspection; controls check; and a double check of all gas connectors, gas pressure, burner combustion, and heat exchanger equipment.
So, why not take the time to ensure to comfort of your employees and customers by investing in an HVAC maintenance service near Florissant today! Call the American Services team to schedule your appointment now!
Keeping up with the your commercial HVAC unit near Florissant is an important part of your winter to-do list. Preventative maintenance will save you money on your monthly utility bills, keep your place of business warmed properly, and help to keep your equipment running longer. When hiring an HVAC contractor to do such work, be sure that the following points are covered by the work they perform:
- Inspect and clean the blower housing, blower wheel, and motor
- Lubricate motor, inspect and replace fan belt on older model units
- Clean any lint and debris from the combustion blower housing
- Drain evaporator coil pan and condensate drain lines, clean as needed
- Inspect gas units for gas leaks
- Clean, adjust, and inspect burner assembly
- Clean, adjust, and inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Perform an inspection on the heat exchanger and heating elements
- Check fuel system for signs of corrosion, proper attachment to the furnace, and for any dislocated sections.
- Inspect control box along with it’s wiring, connections, and associated controls.
- Replace air filter
- Check ductwork for leaks
- When starting the unit up, monitor the system for any uncharacteristic behavior, listen for abnormal noises, and be aware of any unusual odors.
- In gas furnace units, monitor for correct line and manifold gas pressures and make any needed adjustments.
- Inspect vent system to ensure proper operation
Once these maintenance tasks have been performed by a professional HVAC technician, you should receive a full report detailing all of the components that were checked, how they performed, and any adjustments/repairs that had to be made. This is an important part of your maintenance service that will help you understand the current functionality of your unit and any changes that were made.
Contact the team at American Services to have your very own maintenance service completed today!
As the weather begins to cool, often times buildings become closed off and struggle to supply fresh air to those who inhabit them. That’s why it’s important to have a plan regarding your indoor air quality ahead of time and to share the practices with those who you employ. Today, the Fenton area heating and cooling experts at American Services will give you some top ways to provide fresh air during the cold weather months.
- If you use a humidifier, be sure the system is cleaned regularly. This will ensure that you are not letting old germs and toxins back into the air.
- Consider investing in an air purifying system. These systems can get rid of up to 99% of air pollution and provide clean air without much added effort.
- Be mindful of chances to ventilate the air. For example, if you experience an unseasonably warm day, open a few windows and let the fresh air in.
- Get rid of aerosol cleaning sprays and consider using environmentally friendly alternatives like a simple water, vinegar, and dish soap solution to clean surfaces.
- Add exhaust fans in kitchens and bathrooms. Be sure these units are sized to empty the space properly and are used regularly.
- If you use a dryer in your business space, be sure that the unit is properly vented to the outside of the building and that the ventilation is clean.
- Make sure that any vacuums being used have clean canisters and are sanitized regularly.
- Consider having your duct work professionally cleaned.
- Regularly replace furnace air filters with those that address your specific pollutant issues.
- Get a quote on having antimicrobial treated door mats put at all entrances to your building to reduce outdoor pollutants from coming into your space.
The American Services team hopes these effective tips will keep your space clean and fresh during the upcoming winter months!
The average lifespan of a heat pump unit is 15-20, but only if it is well-maintained by a professional HVAC contractor. This means that simply installing your heat pump and using it won’t do the job if you want it to last. Today, the team at American Services wants to give you the information you need to know about properly maintaining your heat pump.
Just like any other piece of HVAC equipment, regular scheduled maintenance is key in keeping your heat pump running smoothly. This means you will need to have a maintenance schedule in place for your unit including a system cleaning and service check-up before both the winter and summer months. It is also imperative that you chance your system’s air filter on a monthly basis and to clear any vegetation out from around the exterior unit just as often.
Getting your system on a maintenance schedule will serve you in a number of ways. First, when your unit is well-maintained it will run more efficiently. This saves energy that equates to money saved on your utility bills. In fact, a well-maintained heat pump system can save you up to 25 percent off your utility bills when compared to a neglected unit. Secondly, maintaining your unit by keeping dirt, debris, and other vegetation away from it will allow your system to work as efficient as possible and extend it’s life. This means you will be able to get closer to the full lifespan potential of your unit before replacement is need. Finally, performing regular maintenance will help you in avoiding expensive repairs by finding issues early and resolving them. This saves you money and makes your maintenance expenses very much worth it.
If you have a heat pump unit in need of maintenance this fall, the professionals at American Services commercial heating and cooling near Florissant can help. Call today for a FREE estimated and get your heat pump ready for the winter season.
Saving money on energy costs by utilizing the latest efficiency standards from EnergyStar.gov is important for small business owners. This advice can be especially helpful to those who are in the grocery or convenience store business since both of these sectors use a number of systems that can use lots of energy. Today, let’s take a look at how grocery and convenience store owners can save money on heating and cooling costs.
Keeping your retail space comfortable for your employees and customers is an important aspect in how you do business. If any of the equipment related to your HVAC system isn’t working, your business could suffer. That’s why it’s important to keep up with certain tasks related to your HVAC system’s well-being. These tasks will also reduce your energy usage and save you money on your monthly utility bills. Here are a few tips you can use to keep your space comfortable, energy usage down, and your equipment in working order:
- Have a programmable thermostat installed. A programmable thermostat will allow you the ability to cool and heat only when needed. This feature will save you money and allow your system some time off.
- Have your equipment tuned-up on a yearly basis. Get a professional HVAC technician to come out and give your system a thorough maintenance inspection. This will not only save one your energy costs, but can also help to prevent catastrophic loss of usage due to a major unexpected failure in the system.
- Have your air filter changed on a monthly basis, especially during high usage months. This will maximize your air flow and help keep energy costs down.
The team at American Services wants to help you keep your Collinsville area heating and cooling equipment in great shape for years to come! Contact our team today for more details on our customized preventative maintenance packages designed especially for small businesses.
Summer isn’t coming to an end any time soon and that means that you will continue to see higher cooling bills for the next couple of months. Don’t throw in the towel now! Use these helpful, easy, and inexpensive ideas to lower your costs right now.
- Your AC system needs the best air flow possible to work efficient and keep you cool. This is why it is imperative that you change your air filter on a monthly basis. Air filters are cheap and you can change them all on your own. Plus, a clean filter makes for a happier AC unit that is less likely to cause issues.
- Your AC unit’s duct system is nearly thee most important component of your entire system. In fact, if you have leaky ducts you could be wasting up to 30% of your AC’s efficiency. If you suspect that leaky ducts are an issue, here’s what you need to do. Light a candle and hold it near the duct connections. If the flame of your candle flickers you have a leak.
- Are you still using an outdated thermostat? If so, investing in an inexpensive programmable thermostat can save you a bunch of money. These are easy to install and allow you to set the temperature as needed according to the day of the week and time of the day.
- Don’t let maintenance go undone! Maintaining your AC unit will ensure that it is running at it’s optimal level will also save you money on repairs in the future.
- Thinking about upgrading. This is a quick fix way to get into a more efficient unit that should be free of repair costs for a while. Just remember that replacing your AC unit is a big investment. You will not only need to pick the right unit, but also the best team to install and maintain the system for years to come.
All of these tips will save you on AC repair and usage costs. For more information on saving energy on your Ballwin area cooling system, contact the American Services team today!
As your system’s first line of defense against dust, debris, and other contaminants a clean air filter can change the way your system operates. Changing your air filter is also cheap and can easily done by you or another member of your staff. Today, let’s take a look at some facts surrounding the importance of a clean air filter.
Besides inefficiency, there are a number of problems that can occur due keeping a dirty air filter in your HVAC system. The most common of these problem is slowed airflow due to an excessive ice buildup on the unit’s evaporator coil. All of the issues that arise from a dirty filter will cost you money and a loss in comfort throughout your space.
Along with saving you money on energy costs, a clean air filter will help to maintain better indoor air quality. This is because a clean air filter not only helps with airflow, but because it can also easily clean dust and pet hair from your air as well. To maintain both airflow and good indoor air quality, a basic fiberglass filter will work fine. Yet, if you have a specific concern about pollen, tobacco smoke, or other irritants, simply ask your American Services HVAC technician for a recommendation.
The Ballwin area heating and cooling team at American Services wants you changing your air filter on a regular basis and can help you do just that! Our unique approach to maintenance is one that will have your equipment running for a very long time. When you call American Services you will always be greeted by a professional customer car expert and your service will be performed on time and according to your liking. Don’t put off having your HVAC system taken care of any longer. Call the American Services team for a free estimate today!
Dust and debris. Yep, we all have it floating in our air and our furnace filter is our first line of defense against these pesky contaminants. If this is true, why do so many ignore their furnace filter and allow their system to run with one that is clogged? Well, the best answer we have to that question is simple – out of sight, out of mind. Many don’t even think about their furnace filter because it’s simply not something they look at every day. It can also be attribute to the fact that the issues a filter one will cause happen slowly without many realizing until there is a major issue. Here are a few of our top reasons why you need to make sure you are changing your furnace filter on a regular basis.
- Keeping dust, debris, and pet hair out of your HVAC system will allow it’s parts to move more freely and heat or cool your space in the most efficient way.
- Running your HVAC system with a dirty filer will slow air flow, cause extra ice buildup on the evaporator coil, and reduce heat transfer.
- A dirty filter will interfere with the function of your unit’s air handler leading to extra energy usage.
- Dirty air filters interfere with the quality of your indoor air. If a filter isn’t changed, the dust, debris, and pet hair it is designed to help eliminate will instead be left to contaminate your air. This can cause added issues for those with allergy or asthma issues.
The best part about making a commitment to keep your air filter clean is that it is a fairy inexpensive part. Depending on your needs, you can simply use a basic filter or you may opt for one that has the ability to address specific concerns like dust mites, pollen, tobacco, or other contaminants.
If you have questions about your Collinsville area HVAC furnace filter needs, simply contact the team at American Services for a quote today!