As if choosing the HVAC system you use at your commercial business location isn’t enough, now consumers also need to be on the lookout for scams that are designed to leave them with a system that doesn’t function at all. The good news is that the HVAC team at American Services is here to help you avoid any practices that take your money and leave you without the system you need. Here are just a few tips to avoid being scammed in the future:
- Do Some Research – When choosing an HVAC professional, it is important to take your time and to do the proper research. You will want to make sure that you have done your homework on the contractors you are considering and to not make any big purchasing decisions too quickly. It’s always best to get multiple quotes, but a second opinion is the least you should commit to. Not getting a second opinion can leave you open to paying for work that you don’t need.
- Know Your Contractor – As mentioned above, research is huge in the fight against being scammed by an HVAC contractor. Any contractor you decide to hire should arm you with details concerning all of the aspects of the work you will be having performed. They should also give you specific information regarding the equipment they are installing for you. Any trustworthy contractor will want you to fully understand what equipment you are getting and the scope of the work being performed.
- Ask Questions – Not only should you ask questions about the work that is being performed, but you should also be questioning any additives a company wants to put into your system. These additives often cause more harm than good and are simply not needed.
Next time you are in the market for a new HVAC contractor near St. Charles, the trustworthy team of professionals at American Services are here to help!
The weather is cooling down and unfortunately that means you may find yourself in a bad situation with an not-so-honest HVAC company. These companies are out to only take advantage of the coming season by offering a “deal” on certain maintenance or other services. Often times the work that is done by these individuals is not up to code, can actually harm your system, and will end up costing you extra money down the road. Today, the team at American Services wants to help you spot these scams so that you can avoid them. Let’s get started!
- Tip #1 – Avoid door-to-door HVAC service salesman. These individuals are often not from the area and are only looking to get paid and leave town. Many who decide to have such people do work for them are left with unfinished jobs or end up paying for a “needed” service that was not needed at all.
- Tip #2 – Void telephone solicitation concerning HVAC work. Telemarketing is just not something that most HVAC companies participate in. Those who buy into these scams often pay for unnecessary work .
- Tip #3 – Stick with a local company. Hiring a local HVAC contractor who has been doing reputable work in the area for some time will help you to avoid a scam. These individuals want to keep your business and to build a good reputation for their businesses.
- Tip #4 – Be wary of anyone who can’t provide a business card, lacks a logo on their truck, and can’t offer you a physical business address and phone number.
- Tip #5 – If a contractor is replacing a part in your system, ask to see the old part. This will give you evidence that an actual repair was made.
- Tip #6 – Get several bids for all jobs. This will confirm to you that the repairs someone is claiming you need are actually necessary.
If you need winter weather HVAC service near O’Fallon, work with the most trusted commercial heating and cooling company in St. Louis – American Services!
Undergoing a business expansion project can be a stressful and exciting event. There are so many areas to take into consideration and planning everything correctly will weigh heavily on the success of the project. Today, the team at American Services wants to remind you that you will need to get a professional opinion regarding your HVAC system before starting any add-on project. This is simply because you will need to not only add new duct work to the additional space, but also because it will be imperative that you evaluate your current system’s ability to properly heat and cool the new space. And the only way to that is to call in a professional.
So, what should you do before you start your project to ensure the successful transition for your HVAC system. Here are our basic recommendations:
Have a professional HVAC expert conduct an energy audit on your space and according to the new space you plan to add-on. This individual will be able to determine if your current system can handle the new addition by advising you on the capacity of your system. You will then be met with recommendations on how to move forward.
Make sure you hire an experience contractor to install any new duct work that you may need. This needs to be done by someone who understands how to balance the system so that you don’t have airflow issues once the new space is being used. It’s usually a good idea to have a contractor that is willing to collaborate with your HVAC professional on this matter.
Next time you are ready to add space to your business, don’t forget to give the team at American Services a call regarding all of your St. Peters Area HVAC Repairs . Our professionals will easily be able to help you make the most cost-effective decision regarding all of your heating and cooling needs.
Finding out that you are paying too much for a service like commercial cooling repair is a disappointing situation. Not only do you find out that you trusted the wrong person for the job, but you additionally loose money that could have been used for an upgrade to your system or other expense. Today, the team at American Services will help you determine if you are paying too much for your commercial cooling repairs near Fairview Heights.
Before beginning the process of hiring the right commercial cooling contractor there are a few important questions you should consider.
- What type of repair will you be hiring for?
- How long will the repair last?
- What type of warranty comes with the repair and how long are you protected?
- Have I shopped around for the best price and quality available in the market?
- What qualities have I liked or not liked with my current or past HVAC contractors?
Once you have answered these questions and have made your decision concerning the contractor you will use for your repairs, you will need to re-visit these points on a regular basis. This will allow you to continue to make the most informed decision about who to hire in the future. Before hiring your “regular” contractor for another job, ask yourself these quick questions:
- Have I been satisfied with the work that has been provided in the past?
- Was the price fair in relation to the market?
- Have past quotes been on target or have you been given a price quote only to find the price goes up as the repair is being completed?
- Have any warranty claims been filed and if so, how easily have they been handled?
- Was the work done right the first time and on time?
- If there are problems, how accommodating is your contractor when fixing them?
As you can see, hiring the right contractor at the right price is a continued task that shouldn’t be taken lightly. As you consider the cost associated with your upcoming HVAC repairs, think about giving the reliable and affordable team at American Services a try!
Although keeping you cool during the hot summer months is our business, the team at American Services wants you to get outside and enjoy the 4th of July weekend! In celebration of this holiday, here is our top list of events happening around St. Louis this holiday weekend.
- Fair St. Louis – Check out Fair St. Louis at Art Hill in Forest Part on the 4th and enjoy the VP Parade at 10 am, music from Kool and that Gang at 8:45 pm, and a grand Fireworks display at 10 pm.
- Head over to St. Charles’ Frontier Park for the Riverfest celebration. Be there 10 am as the festival opens with a parade and ends with Fireworks at 9:20 pm.
- The O’Fallon, MO Heritage and Freedom Fest takes place at the Ozzie Smith Sports Complex. On the 4th, festivities start with a parade at 9:30 am, followed by concerts from Tonic, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Smash Mouth. Fireworks will end the night at 9:30 pm.
- Webster Groves Community Days in Memorial Park opens at 11 am on the 4th with food, carnival rides, and a Fireworks display at 9:30 pm.
- Ellisville Fourth of July Celebration at Bluebird Park. Come by for food vendors, music, and Fireworks all starting at 6 pm.
- Kirkwood Freedom Festival takes place at Kirkwood Park starting at 7 pm on the 4th with live music and Fireworks at dusk.
- Chesterfield residents can head over to Chesterfield Mall for food, music, and Fireworks beginning at 7 pm on the 4th. Look for the festivities happening on the northwest side of the parking lot between Macy’s and Dillard’s.
- Ferguson Family Fun Festival at January Wabash Park begins at 10 am on the 4th with a parade and offers fireworks starting at 9:15 pm. Look for kids activities, food, and music as the highlights of this event.
Happy 4th of July from the St. Louis City area HVAC team at American Services!
At American Services, our list of HVAC services near Ladue are the most-complete you’ll find in the area. Our team can accommodate a wide-range of industries and meet all of their needs not matter how specialized they may be. Today, we want to make your search for the right HVAC service-provided even easier! Check out our tips for finding the right HVAC company below.
You’ll know you have found the right HVAC company because:
- When you call their office location, you will be met by friendly customer care and prompt service.
- It will be easy to schedule a date and time for service that is convenient for you and your business.
- The HVAC Technician that arrives to complete your service call will be prepared and able to quickly diagnose any problems you are having.
- All work will be complete in a timely and professional manner.
- Your equipment will be up and running without further incident once the service technician has left your site.
- Billing will be smooth – your invoice for service will be correct, fair, and arrive quickly.
- You will be thanked for your service and contacted to make sure all of your needs were met.
If you are a commercial business owner in need of HVAC services, our team is here to help. We are ready to take care of your complete list of needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our technicians cover a wide variety of specialties and we can even take care of other equipment you may having including: refrigeration, beverage systems, ice machines, cooking equipment, industrial equipment, and water filtration systems. No matter what your needs are, you can be the team at American Services can help!
According to many within the HVAC industry, there are three main trends within HVAC today. These three trends include green initiatives, indoor air quality (IAQ), and emergency preparedness. Today, let’s take a look at how these three trends will play into your commercial HVAC service near O’Fallon!
When those in the HVAC industry talk green initiatives, most of the chatter revolves around the improvement of environmental air quality and the reduction of energy consumption. Improvements in these areas aren’t new to the industry, as both have been improved greatly in the last century thanks to advances in the areas of heating, AC, and ventilation. Yet, even more advancements are set to reduce heating and cooling loads even further – including the use of glass tinting to better regulate interior air temperature.
The next area that is trending within the industry revolves around indoor air quality. As homes and businesses continue to utilize better materials that seal-off outdoor air, concern for the air we breath continues to rise. This is a very valid concern and will require technicians to emphasize the need for proper ventilation while still utilizing energy efficiency upgrades. Look for a more advancements that will help with the monitoring and adjustment of indoor air quality in response to this issue.
Finally, emergency preparedness is an area that, if ignored, can cost businesses thousands of dollars in damage to structures, loss of productivity, and equipment replacement. The HVAC industry has realized this area of concern and has started to respond with solutions that will temporarily support equipment in a way that should remove the dangers mentioned above.
Thank you for joining the American Services team for this post today! Look for more posts on this material in the coming months!
Commercial HVAC systems represent very advanced technology. Unfortunately, with great technology comes the potential for malfunctions, when commercial HVAC repair is necessary. System failures are oftentimes unpredictable and can diminish productivity. It is important that HVAC downtime is kept to a minimum to save your company money.
When selecting an HVAC repair service, ensure they are reputable and can provide you with references of previous work they have completed. It is also worth asking if all technicians are certified, as they should be. Many times commercial HVAC repair companies will work with apprentices who are learning the trade. A quality company will typically send an experienced technician on a service call with an apprentice. Companies such as American Services commercial HVAC repair in Saint Louis, also provides the option of enrolling in a regular maintenance program, where we will periodically send a technician out to perform the basic routine maintenance.
There are a few tips to reduce the amount of repair calls throughout the year. It begins with the development of a simple preventative maintenance plan. The most common maintenance task is to clean or replace the filters regularly. If the system has not been serviced in quite a while it may be beneficial to assess the amount of deposits on the air ducts themselves. Cleaning the air ducts can improve air quality and eliminate a potential breeding ground for harmful bacteria and mold. In addition, clean ducts can help your HVAC system operate more efficiently. Some companies also offer additional services to disinfect the ducts. This may be beneficial if your building has previously been occupied.
With a planed course of action and a partnership with a reputable commercial HVAC service company, the chance of downtime will be minimal.