Most homeowners will require the assistance of an HVAC technician or refrigeration repair in their home or business in order to make repairs to their heating and cooling system at some point in their lives, or their refrigerator for home or commercial. Whether it is for your business or home, many of the same points or qualifiers exist in your technician selection process.
You will want a person with some experience. If they are right out of the gate, they probably need to be working with someone who isn’t brand new, at lease for a couple years. “HVAC technicians are specially trained service providers who install, maintain, and repair these systems. To ensure the job is done right, look for a technician with these qualifications:” A license is required in many of the areas that refrigeration and HVAC technicians work from and if this describes your town, then make sure they have this license. It is absolutely a liability issue if they do not. In the event you need to claim something from your insurance, or more likely theirs, then the license is a deal breaker if it is absent.
Versatility is also important in a St Louis Refrigeration Service specialist, or in an HVAC technician. “If possible, look for a technician who has the versatility to work with all major HVAC systems, and even a few obscure ones. The exception to this rule would be if you own a specialized or rare HVAC system. In that case, the specialized experience could help you.” The same goes for St Louis Refrigeration Repair near Maryland Heights. If it is a specialized commercial built in refrigeration system, then to specialize is actually ok and possibly preferred. But, otherwise, the more versatile your refrigeration repair technician near Maryland Heights, the more well versed he or she is and quite possibly, the more competent as well.
We have been discussing recently the need for HVAC technicians and how they are indeed on the rise. In the research that we do daily, on behalf of your Heating Installation and Repair in St Louis near Sunset Hills MO, we found so many facts that point to a greater need for HVAC techs, that if you are looking for a career on the rise, this would definitely be one well worth considering. When looking for opportunity for extra dough, think about the fact that these technicians who deal in the world of heating and cooling are irreplaceable to that customer who lacks heating ability in the dead of winter, or needs to cool off in late July with an AC that is blown.
“With that said, Wiki.Answers.com reports that the HVAC industry is projecting a pay increase of up to 40% in the next few years. They also note that if you work as an HVAC technician for a larger company you will likely make more than $80,000 annually.”
Throughout the United States, and in St Louis near Sunset Hills, Heating and Cooling sales and install companies are almost always in search of qualified technicians and hardworking newcomers to teach the trade to. As with plumbing, HVAC technicians have great job security as Heating and Cooling services will always be needed (homes and businesses will continue to heat and cool their properties) and there is not a danger of HVAC jobs becoming outsources overseas ever, that simply wouldn’t make sense. Also, machines will never do the job of such detailed diagnostics that require human flexibility in reasoning. So, take if from on research on behalf of your St Louis MO Heating install near Sunset Hills, if you want a technical position and you are looking for a stable, well paying environment, consider heating and cooling repair today.
At American Services, our HVAC technicians are trained to provide the best service experience to our multitude of heating, cooling, and refrigeration clients. Our technicians understand the ins and outs of your specific business and will always provide the service you deserve. Today, let’s talk about the attributes you will want to consider when choosing the right HVAC contractor for your business.
When choosing the HVAC company you will hire for your maintenance, repair, and service work there are a number of factors to consider. These include experience, references, reviews, and pricing. Here’s a quick breakdown of each factor:
- When looking at a contractors experience, you will want to know if they have worked with your type of business in the past and how much. Having a specialized set of technicians that understand your specific needs will help in implementing the right maintenance, repair, and service schedule for your HVAC equipment.
- Word of mouth references can be very helpful in getting a full look at what an HVAC contractor has to offer. Be sure to ask other business owners in the area that have similar equipment about their experience with local contractors before making a final decision.
- Looking at online reviews can be helpful in getting a better picture of what others think about the service provider you are thinking of hiring. Just remember, one bad review shouldn’t stop you from interviewing an otherwise perfect candidate.
- Even though pricing should never be the top factor in hiring an HVAC contractor, it should be taken into consideration. When making your decision, have a budget in mind and think about what you will be getting service-wise in comparison to how much you end up paying.
To get in touch with some of the most-trusted HVAC technicians near St. Louis, call the American Services team for a FREE estimate today!
Sometimes restaurant owners can accidentally overlook energy depleting systems that are costing them hundreds of extra dollars each month. One of the systems that is often overlooked is HVAC. An up-to-date and energy efficient HVAC system is key in keeping your heating and cooling costs down and will keep customers comfortable in a reliable way. Today, let’s take a look at some of the other reasons why having an energy efficient HVAC system is so important.
- As mentioned above, a huge reason to invest in an efficient system is the money savings. In fact some can save up to 20% on their energy costs with a more efficient system and recoup their investment in six to twelve months.
- Reducing your energy consumption lowers your impact on the environment with fewer carbon emissions.
- With many of the newer systems, business owners gain round-the-clock monitoring and control of settings via the web. These systems allow you the chance to set parameters around usage that can not be changed by employees. Some will also offer energy management through a third-party to lessen the burden on management and maximize energy savings.
- Putting some extra attention on how “green” your business is can attract new customers who share in your care for the environment. Take advantage of the possibility of local press, positive brand imaging, and even awards for the efforts you make to save energy and help the environment.
At American Services our team of professional HVAC technicians near Florissant are ready to help you make the most informed decision possible regarding the updating of your heating and cooling equipment. These professionals will come to your place of business, assess your current and future needs, and then give you a free estimate regarding the equipment you will need to save the most on your energy bills. Give our customer care team a call now to set up your free consultation today!
Ever wonder how everyone else is heating their homes and businesses across the country? If so, the following information from Energy.gov will fill your curiosity. According to the Buildings Energy Data Book 2011, Americans heat their homes in the following manner:
- 49% of Americans use Natural Gas as a heating source.
- 34 % of Americans use Electricity as a heating source.
- 6% of Americans use Fuel Oil as a heating source.
- 5% of Americans use Propane/LPG as a heating source.
- 3% of Americans do not have or use any heating equipment.
- 2% of Americans use Wood as a heating source.
- 1% of Americans list “Other” as their heating source.
No matter which of these heating sources your family utilizes, it is important to take a look at your whole-house approach to heating and cooling. This is especially true because heating and cooling bills average out to be 48% of your total spend on energy for the year.
While the weather is warm and your heating system is taking some time off, be sure to contact a professionally trained HVAC technicians to inspect and perform routine maintenance on your equipment. This small step will not only ensure that your system is up and running when the weather gets cooler, but it will also add years of quality life to your investment.
At American Services, our commercial HVAC technicians can help you get all of your business systems up to date and ready for cooler temps too! This is just as important as keeping your personal system in check and has benefits including less downtime, confidence in keeping your customers comfortable, and reduced monthly utility costs!
The team at American Services specializes in commercial heating and cooling services near Hazelwood, MO. With a focus on complete customer care, American Services continues to serve the St. Louis area with professional technicians, quality workmanship, and affordable pricing. If you have a commercial heating, cooling, or refrigeration related repair need, please feel free to give American Services a call for a FREE estimate today!
Refrigerant or Freon leaks associated with your commercial cooling system are a serious issue. Re-filling the Freon is often expensive and doesn’t do anything to fix the actual problem. Today, the American Services team presents a couple of the reasons why you might be experiencing a refrigerant leak.
Reason #1 Bad Installation – The first reason applies to those who have a newer unit and suspect a cooling issue. One reason why your unit may be leaking refrigerant right out the gate is because the brazing on the system’s joints is incomplete. The only way to get this issue under control is by calling a professional technician to assess and then repair the issues. This type of problem can be avoided by hiring a professional contractor and not basing your choice off of the lowest priced bid. You will pay more for quality, but you will also avoid unnecessary issues in the future.
Reason #2 Defect from the factory – While this one isn’t super common, factory defects area a possibility. If you suspect this is true for the unit you own, contact your contractor and the manufacturer immediately.
Reason #3 Formic Acid – This acid is a powerful substance that can be found below ground. It affects your cooling system when it begins to etch the cooper coil in your unit and will eventually cause cracks to form in your copper. Leaks caused by formic acid will begin slow and get more intense over time requiring more and more Freon be added to the unit.
Reason #4 Accidental Puncture – It may not seem possible, but with the number of other lines running throughout your business, you may be experiencing an accidental puncture.
If you feel like your commercial cooling system near Kirkwood is leaking Freon, simply give the American Services team a call! Our professional HVAC technicians will come out, assess the situation, and get you back on track in no time. Here’s to a cool summer!
The right commercial HVAC technician is imperative to the well-being of your HVAC equipment. This individual will know what your system needs in order to function properly and will also know how to make it work again if something were to go wrong. Today, the team at American Services will go over some of the top characteristics to look for in your next commercial HVAC professional.
Top HVAC technicians who understand commercial heating, cooling, and refrigeration equipment will always be certified and up-to-date with the latest trainings. This individual will be able to come into your business, get the current situation under control, and make professional decisions about how to get your space up and running once again. If approached by an individual who does not meet these high quality standards, it is important to assess the situation and make a decision about how to proceed. If you determine that you feel uncomfortable with the technician, feel free to call them off of the job in order to call out another individual with a different company.
You will also want to make sure that the company your technicians is working for provides fair, up-front pricing and customer care. The quality of work that is expected from your tech will be very much influenced by the company they work for. Always do your research, get an estimate, and only hire a company that will meet all of your needs promptly and with a smile.
At American Services, commercial HVAC service is our top priority. We only hire the best professional individuals we can find. This means that our customers are always met with the best support in the area. Our down times are low, our prices are fair, and your satisfaction is guaranteed. Call our Sunset Hills area commercial heating specialists now to set up a time to get your free estimate today!
Today, the team at American Services will answer one of the most commonly asked questions concerning HVAC replacement. Should I replace both my furnace and air conditioning units although only one is needed at this time?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question isn’t cut and dry. First, you must consider the age of both units. If both the furnace and air conditioner were installed at the same time, one must consider the fact that they are both likely wearing at an equal rate. This means that although one may still be working properly, it is only a matter of a few years before it needs to be replaced also. On the other hand, if the units have been replaced individually in the past, you may very well have quite a few years left on the functioning unit. You will also want to consider the compatibility and efficiency of the new unit compared to the old. Make sure to have a professional inspection on the functioning unit to determine a reasonable life expectancy compared to the failing unit.
Once you have that portion figured out, it’s time to think about cost. In general, your contractor will be able to replace both pieces of your HVAC system in a more cost-effective manner compared to doing one piece at a time. Doing them together is also a little more convenient, as you will only experience the minor construction that this process entails once, as compare to twice. All of these factors together will help you come to the best conclusion for your needs.
Are you looking to replace a failing HVAC system near Chesterfield? If so, let the American Services team come out and give you a free estimate. Our commercial HVAC technicians understand how to save you time, money, and hassle – that’s why so many area businesses choose American Services! Give our team a call today!
Choosing your HVAC service provider can be tough considering the many choices you have in the area. You want to make sure you will get the service you need, along with a reliable and knowledgeable HVAC technician to complete the work. Today, let’s talk about some characteristics to look for in your next HVAC technician.
- Certifications – Look for your HVAC technician to have a number of documented certifications in both his field and areas of expertise. The most important of these certifications is the North American Technician Excellence or NATE certification. Having graduated from a NATE certification program means that individual meets or exceeds the experience, training, and knowledge needed to be a high-quality tech in the HVAC-R industry.
- Timeliness – Your technician should be someone you can count on. This means that they arrive according to schedule and finish scheduled work orders within the estimated amount of time given to you as the customer. A great way to get full details on the reputation of a particular HVAC company, ask around or explore websites.
- Appearance, Grooming, and Boot Covers – The way your technician presents himself says a lot about his attention to detail. Anyone how comes to your business to perform service work should be in a clean uniform, be properly groomed, and should always respect your property by wearing boot covers inside your establishment.
- Prepared and Clean-Up – Your tech should arrive with the right tools and parts for the job indicated in the service write-up. If you have an experience where your technician in not prepare due to poor planning, that may be a sign of an unfavorable choice.
- Business Longevity – When researching HVAC service providers near Hazelwood, take the longevity of the business in consideration. The fact that a service provider has been around for many years is a sign that they must be attracting customers for the right reasons.
Next time you want to switch-up your HVAC service provider, give American Services a call. Our team is guaranteed to meet your needs!
The IAQ or indoor air quality in your commercial building is something that can suffer during the winter months as many try to create an airtight environment to help reduce winter heating costs. Yet, the practice of sealing out the cold air needs to be in balance so that the environment you and your employees are exposed to isn’t compromised. Use these tips that take the eliminate, isolate, and ventilate principals into account when considering your IAQ this winter.
First, you need to think of ways to eliminate contaminants from entering your indoor environment. Some simple ways to do that include: choose cleaning agents that are not made with chemicals that can be harmful to you and your employees; be sure to outfit your building with carpeting, furniture, and other finishings that are free of harmful chemicals; and make your indoor environment a cigarette smoke-free area.
Next, you will need to think of ways to isolate your indoor environment from contaminants. A few ways to isolate include: keeping any pollutant containing chemicals in an area separate from you and your employees; sealing any appliances in sealed combustion units; and inspecting all natural gas units for proper ventilation.
Finally, check for and ensure proper ventilation. This can be achieved by opening windows as the weather permits or by contacting your Bridgeton Area HVAC dealer about having a mechanical ventilation unit installed in your building. These units need to be sized and installed by a professional HVAC technician to ensure proper ventilation according to your building size.
Start taking your indoor air quality seriously and contact the team at American Services now! Our team can help you determine your IAQ needs for the winter and get all of the proper equipment installed quickly and at an affordable price. Contact our team at 314-733-1776 for more details about a free estimate today!