Keeping up with the your commercial HVAC unit near Florissant is an important part of your winter to-do list. Preventative maintenance will save you money on your monthly utility bills, keep your place of business warmed properly, and help to keep your equipment running longer. When hiring an HVAC contractor to do such work, be sure that the following points are covered by the work they perform:
- Inspect and clean the blower housing, blower wheel, and motor
- Lubricate motor, inspect and replace fan belt on older model units
- Clean any lint and debris from the combustion blower housing
- Drain evaporator coil pan and condensate drain lines, clean as needed
- Inspect gas units for gas leaks
- Clean, adjust, and inspect burner assembly
- Clean, adjust, and inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Perform an inspection on the heat exchanger and heating elements
- Check fuel system for signs of corrosion, proper attachment to the furnace, and for any dislocated sections.
- Inspect control box along with it’s wiring, connections, and associated controls.
- Replace air filter
- Check ductwork for leaks
- When starting the unit up, monitor the system for any uncharacteristic behavior, listen for abnormal noises, and be aware of any unusual odors.
- In gas furnace units, monitor for correct line and manifold gas pressures and make any needed adjustments.
- Inspect vent system to ensure proper operation
Once these maintenance tasks have been performed by a professional HVAC technician, you should receive a full report detailing all of the components that were checked, how they performed, and any adjustments/repairs that had to be made. This is an important part of your maintenance service that will help you understand the current functionality of your unit and any changes that were made.
Contact the team at American Services to have your very own maintenance service completed today!