If you own commercial restaurant equipment near Belleville, you fully understand how important it is to not only keep it maintained but also properly cleaned. This goes for all of your commercial equipment including your oven. Ovens are an investment piece and most likely used by your business on a daily basis. Without your properly functioning oven you would loose business and experience unwanted down time. Today, let’s focus on your commercial oven and how to both properly maintain and clean it.
Basic Commercial Oven Maintenance Tips:
- Don’t put an unnecessary amount of strain on your oven doors by placing heavy items on it. The weight of baking sheets and other baking dishes will cause your hinges to wear out faster than normal.
- If you are experiencing inefficiency in cook times or on your utility bills, you should take a look at your door seal. This is an item that will most likely need to be replaced on a semi-regular basis.
- Calibrate your oven’s temperature. If you notice that it’s taking longer to cook regular items, your temperature may be off. This can be easily tested with an oven thermometer. If you find a discrepancy, you will need to have your thermostat re-calibrated or replaced.
Basic Commercial Oven Cleaning Tips:
- Clean the interior of your oven on a daily basis. This can be done with a mild detergent. Be sure to get any crumbs off the bottom of the unit and if a spill occurs, this process should be done right away.
- Perform a deep cleaning every month with an approved oven-cleaning chemical.
- Clean the exterior of your oven on a daily or weekly basis. The time frame here is up to you and will vary depending on usage and how dirty your kitchen gets.
If you need help with any of these maintenance or cleaning services, give the team at American Services a call for a free estimate today!