There are a certain number of things that anyone needs in order to operate their business and the things we refer to, all require power in the form of energy. Energy, as we all know, only comes at a price, and so to conserve this, means to save both money and reduce your footprint, thereby, helping to salvage the environment, one person at a time. On behalf of your heating and cooling install specialists in St Louis near Maryland Heights, we are here today to talk about saving energy with your cooling and other commercial business needs on a daily basis.
“Whether you own or lease your building, you typically need lighting, heating, air conditioning, power for office equipment, and other services to stay in business.” When it comes to HVAC, or heating, ventilating and cooling, you need to be reliant on tune ups for your energy savings, first and foremost. If you fail to have your St Louis Cooling service near Maryland Heights done on an annual basis, your energy bill will rise, guaranteed. Don’t be fooled by the age of your HVAC system either, “Even a new ENERGY STAR qualified HVAC system, like a new car, will decline in performance without regular maintenance. A contract automatically ensures that your HVAC contractor will provide ‘pre-season’ tune-ups before each cooling and heating season”
The best part about HVAC tune ups isn’t the energy savings and money you can bank as a result of this, though that is on the list of advantages. Better than that are the years of life you will add to your operating system as a result of regular tune ups and check-ups, allowing the system to work at its optimum ability each and every year. For even more on how you can get the most out of your St Louis Cooling and heating near Maryland Heights MO, check out or next couple of posts here on energy savings for your business.
Today, on behalf of your cooling experts in St Louis MO, near Maryland Heights, we are examining some of the elusive ways in which your commercial cooling in St Louis needs to be checked on a routine basis. Here, we are examining things that are much less obvious than filter checks, replacements and coil cleanings. You will want to, “Check to see if fan motors are running in the wrong direction. This may not be obvious because fans can still supply flow if they’re running backwards. Clear labels on the fan housing, pulleys, the motor, and wires can prevent this problem.”
Also, if you have self-lubricating bearings on fans in your heating and cooling system in St Louis, then they need the bearing cassette replaced when they fail. The signs that this is a concern would be a ton of excess noise. A lot of vibration or heat coming from the bearing is also a sign that things need to be closer assessed by your St Louis Heating and Cooling service near Maryland Heights MO. One article online says, “Greased ball bearings are occasionally found in packaged units; their most common problem is over-greasing, which can be as damaging as under-greasing.” So, there is the scoop on bearings, which aren’t nearly as clean cut or obvious as your occasional filter change. Belts are another rather inconspicuous part of your cooling system in St Louis.
Here is what the experts have to say about your HVAC system belts in St Louis MO, “Belts should be aligned to prevent wear. Maintain proper tension; loose belts slip on the pulley wheels, causing torque loss and rapid wear. Belts that are too tight put an extreme load on the motor and fan shaft bearings, causing premature failure.”
If your commercial refrigeration is in need of service it can be a stressful time. For starters, how do you know who to trust with such an important part of your business? “Even the most advanced commercial refrigeration equipment encounters problems after years of use. With proper care, parts may still require replacement or upgrade.” There is also the maintenance factor that comes into play with your St Louis Commercial Refrigeration near Maryland Heights, and the more you focus on making sure this is done, the less likely you will encounter any super-costly repairs in the life of your refrigeration.
“In addition, maintenance needs to be performed to ensure a commercial refrigerator cools as it should, maintains its efficiency, and doesn’t have premature failure of expensive parts. If a unit isn’t working the way it was intended, it’s time to call in a refrigeration mechanic.” Make sure you call someone who is qualified and specialized in commercial refrigeration, like your St Louis American Services Refrigeration Service near Maryland Heights MO. “Since commercial refrigeration units can require extensive and complicated repairs, it is important to choose a mechanic that is ready to tackle any problem.”
The Refrigeration Service you choose should be licensed and hold certifications to service commercial refrigeration. Before picking up the phone, utilize these tips to find the best person for the job. “Certification ensures that the mechanic has had the proper training needed to perform the most difficult repairs. A license is required for commercial work within the state.” If the professional that you choose doesn’t have the proper license or certification, then you will likely see further damage and expenses in your refrigeration by the time they are through. Make sure that whomever you hire to work on your commercial refrigeration is also properly insured. This is for their protection as well as your own.
Writing here on behalf of your HVAC service and sales company near Maryland Heights, I like to cover topics of interest that can helpful, but also sometimes just interesting and informative. So, today, we will be going over some good old fashioned history. The history of HVAC, to be exact, and we will likely be discussing parts of it over the course of the next several posts. In 1758, according to your Bridgeton MO HVAC sales people, Benjamin Franklin and John Hadley discovered that all liquid evaporation had a cooling effect. Using alcohol, and other volatile liquids, they determined that these things could evaporate faster than water and could actually cool down an object enough to freeze water.
In 1820, according to your HVAC Maintenance near Maryland Heights, Michael Faraday worked on and discovered the same thing when he compressed and liquefied ammonia. In the 1830’s sometime, Dr. John Gorrie built an ice making machine that used compression to create buckets full of ice and then blew air over them. He did not have the finances he needed to move forward with his ideas and so all was dissolved. Still in the 1800’s, 1881, to be exact, President Garfield was shot and naval engineers did all that they could to keep him comfortable by inventing and building a cooling box. It was full of soaking wet cloth and blew hot air overhead, keeping cool air to the ground. The amount of ice used was incessant and so it proved to be inefficient and President Garfield passed away.
More takes place in the 1900’s, when in 1902, “Willis Carrier invents the Apparatus for Treating Air for the Sackett-Wilhelms Lithographing and Publishing Co. in Brooklyn, N.Y. The machine blows air over cold coils to control room temperature and humidity, keeping paper from wrinkling and ink aligned. Finding that other factories want to get in on the cooling action, Carrier establishes the Carrier Air Conditioning Company of America.” This, according to your commercial HVAC sales and service company in Bridgeton MO, marks the first actual air conditioner, though much research had been done to lead to that point.
Did you know that every time you use certain household or commercial products you are releasing potentially harmful compounds into the air? These compounds are referred to by the EPA as VOCs or Volatile Organic Compounds and can be reeking havoc on your indoor air quality. Today, the team at American Services wants to give you some facts about VOCs and also some ideas on how to eliminate them from your indoor environment.
Facts about Volatile Organic Compounds or VOCs:
- VOCs can be found in cleaning products, paints, chemical strippers, waxes, pesticides, candles, and many other common products around your home and workplace.
- VOCs can also come from floor coverings, furniture, electronic equipment, air fresheners, and dry-cleaned clothing.
- The VOCs from these products are not just emitted into the air during use. They are also releasing potentially harmful VOCs while simply being stored due to natural evaporation. This makes the source of VOCs harder to pinpoint.
How to control and eliminate VOCs from your environment:
- Adequate ventilation needs to be in place when using VOC-containing product. This includes when you are painting, using cleaning products, or any other activity that could expose you to VOCs. The best way to ventilate in these situations is by opening windows and/or using exhaust fans.
- Read the manufacturer recommendations for all products to make sure you are properly using, storing, and getting rid of these products. For example, many cleaning products can not be mixed with other chemicals. If the chemicals are combined you can cause a reaction that will cause harm to the user.
- Ask your Maryland Heights area heating and cooling technician about adding equipment to your system that will clean the pollutants out of your indoor air. These units can help tremendously in eliminating odors from your space and can even help to control allergy issues that may be of concern.
Contact the American Services team today for a free quote!
Secondhand Smoke, Radon, Mold, and Pesticides. Are any of these contaminants polluting your indoor air? If so, you may not realize the hazard they actually bring to you and your building’s inhabitants. Today, the Maryland Heights area heating and cooling team at American Services will tell you just how important it is to get rid of these pollutants!
We should all know by now the dangers associated with tobacco smoke. Those who directly inhale this substance are at high risk of getting cancer and other diseases, but did you know that secondhand smoke can be just as dangerous? This is why most businesses have eliminated tobacco smoke. If eliminating this contaminant is not a possibility for your business, having the American Services team install a HEPA filter is highly recommended.
Radon can contaminate a space via the basement or crawl space. This is a naturally-occurring substance that can be tested for and fixed fairly easily. It is important to take radon seriously since it is the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
Mold and mold spores are more than an annoyance for allergy sufferers. Having mold in your space can also cause life-threatening illness when one is chronically exposed. Keeping all leaks under control and having mold properly removed is a must when keeping your indoor air quality at healthy levels.
Pesticides are something that are used for good reason, but should also be used with caution. If storing these substances, be sure they are outside of your working space and locked up away from those who could be harmed by them. It is also important to properly ventilate when using them.
If you believe your indoor air quality is in need of an inspection, simply call the team at American Services for a free indoor air quality check-up today!
When making a decision about how you will heat your commercial building space, there are three popular options. These options include a furnace, heat pump, or hybrid unit. All three systems offer benefits for specific customers and today the American Services team will help you make the right choice for your needs.
- Furnace – When choosing to heat with a furnace, you will have the best luck with the latest models as they are the most economical and energy efficient. Oil and natural gas units are the most-popular choice, but many also choose to heat with an all-electric furnace that doesn’t utilize any fossil fuels for energy. You will find that fossil fuel units are less costly to operate, yet pose a risk because of the harmful gases they can create. Electric units cost more, but eliminate the risk.
- Heat Pump – A heat pump unit will cost you more up-front, but will then operate at a very efficient level. You will have to choose from an air-source pump or a geothermal model when installing, but the one unit will do both your heating and cooling. It is also important to remember that heat pumps loose a lot of their efficiency in colder weather. This means that a heat pump is not the best choice if you live in a climate that fall below freezing very often.
- Hybrid – Hybrid units are for those who want the efficiency and low cost benefits of a heat pump, but still need a furnace to warm their space in colder weather. Both units would be utilized when appropriate, but there is an added cost due to the installation of both units.
If you are trying to decide on the best heating unit for your commercial space, the team at American Services can help. We understand your commercial heating needs near Maryland Heights and can get you into the most cost-effective choice quickly! Give us a call for a free estimate now!
The team at American Services is proud to add water filtration to their long list of areas of expertise. If you are considering a water filtration system, make sure to take the following in consideration:
How likely is it that my water is safe to drink straight from the tap?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA, more than 90 percent of the water supply in the United States is perfectly safe for drinking. Most individuals choose to have a water filtration system installed to further assure not only that their water is safe, but also free of any unpleasant smells or tastes.
Common health and safety reasons that may require the use of a water filtration system:
- Water testing that indicates high lead levels.
- Water testing that indicates contaminants in the water including radon for those who use water from a well.
- Individuals who suffer from a compromise immune system. This could include someone who is undergoing chemotherapy.
What will a water filtration system eliminate from my water?
The use of a water filtration system can eliminate contaminants from the water you drink. These contaminants are a concern because they have the potential to make you sick or can simply affect the feel or taste of your water. Some of these contaminants include: Arsenic, Nitrates, Radium, Radon, Lead, Various Microbes, and byproducts from disinfecting products.
Adding a water filtration system to your restaurant equipment near Maryland Heights will defiantly set you apart from other establishments. With this type of system, you will be able to provide clean, tasteless, and odorless water to your customers on the most consistent basis possible. Your customers will appreciate the attention you have given to their health and their overall satisfaction. Now is the time to get your free estimate! Call American Services today and we will be out to serve you ASAP!
When drafting a heating, cooling, and refrigeration equipment service contract, there are some things that you will want to make sure it includes. Adding these important elements will keep you protected in the best possible way and save you hundred, if not thousands in added costs. Today, let’s take a look at what you need to include and why!
- Make sure your contract covers a bi-annual system maintenance check. This will ensure your equipment is being inspected at the beginning of the heating and cooling seasons. Services like this are often called a checkup or tuneup.
- Make sure parts and labor are covered in the case that something is found to be broken during one of your check-up visits. This will continue to save you money on any extras that might come up.
- Make sure you consider including an “emergency” service piece. This part of the contract will ensure you avoid extra costs when something comes up unexpectedly. When adding this type of a service, commercial businesses that need to be up and running 24/7 benefit the most.
Remember that adding on these extras to your contract may increase the initial investment, but overall individuals who take part in these types of plans will save money.
American Services is the leading heating, refrigeration, and cooling service contract provider near Maryland Heights! In fact, more and more commercial customers have come to rely on the American Services team. Our professionally trained, expert technicians take great pride in your satisfaction and will do whatever it takes to make you 100% satisfied. Don’t trust your HVAC or Refrigeration equipment to any other company! Call American Services to talk about a personalized preventative maintenance contract today!
Utilizing a service and maintenance contract for your HVAC needs can be a smart decision for commercial property owners. These contracts allow you to negotiate and build a plan that best fits your need related to age of your equipment, budget, and overall use of service. Let’s take a look at what these basic contracts look like.
There are a number of ways that these contracts are set-up, depending on how much coverage you elect to take. Some of the contract types you might see include:
- 100% Fully-Covered – This type of plan traditionally covers all parts, labor, and emergency service calls. It is also typically paired with a maintenance contract. Expect this coverage to be the most expensive because it has such a wide coverage layout.
- 100% Full-Covered Labor Only – The type of plan covers all labor related to repair, replacement, or maintenance. Depending on the contract, you may also get emergency calls covered. You can typically expect this type of contract to be the next most-expensive in the group.
- Preventative Maintenance – This type of plan usually involves the discounted purchase of a number of visits to perform tasks like filter changes, operational checks, etc.
- Inspection Service – This type of contract usually pays for the visual inspection of equipment across a specified time period.
At American Services we take great joy in serving our Maryland Heights area commercial heating customers! Our team is comprised of the most professional experts in St. Louis and our unified commitment is to providing for your needs. Please feel free to contact us for a free consultation and estimate regarding your very own customized service and maintenance contract today! You can count on our expertise in this area and our ability to save you money. Thank you for visiting our blog and we look forward to serving you soon.