Do you know the signs and symptoms related to needing a new heating system? If not, you aren’t alone! Many Ballwin area commercial heating customers miss the signs and unfortunately end up paying a high price. Today, the professional team at American Services is going to give you all the details you want to know. Let’s get started!
- Symptom #1 – Delayed ignition ~ A delay in ignition can be caused by a number of problems including a pilot light that is too small, an air fuel mixture that is off, or dirty burners.
- Symptom #2 – Frequent pilot light outages ~ Pilot light outages can be caused by faulty equipment, faulty gas pressure, or a number of other issues.
- Symptom #3 – Too much heat ~ This is a symptom that will be felt by those in your space and is pretty easy to detect. Too much heat can be an issue with your thermostat or other components that need to be checked by a professional.
- Symptom #4 – Too little heat ~ Just as mentioned above, the occupant in your space will notice this and let you know. Too little heat can be an issue with your thermostat or other components that need to be checked by a professional.
- Symptom #5 – Yellow or wavering flame ~ When the flame from your pilot light is yellow or wavering, it can mean that your pilot light tube is dirty or other issues with your system.
- Symptom #6 – Corrosion or soot build-up ~ Letting soot and corrosion build-up in your system not only affects the temperature of your space, but can also be harmful to occupants. The only way to prevent this build-up is with proper maintenance. Without maintenance it can eventually lead to complete system failure.
As you can see, there are a number of symptoms to look for when you suspect your heating system may need to be replaced. Don’t take a chance at letting your system fail! Call the team at American Services to have a full maintenance check-up today!