Keeping up with the your commercial HVAC unit near Florissant is an important part of your winter to-do list. Preventative maintenance will save you money on your monthly utility bills, keep your place of business warmed properly, and help to keep your equipment running longer. When hiring an HVAC contractor to do such work, be sure that the following points are covered by the work they perform:
- Inspect and clean the blower housing, blower wheel, and motor
- Lubricate motor, inspect and replace fan belt on older model units
- Clean any lint and debris from the combustion blower housing
- Drain evaporator coil pan and condensate drain lines, clean as needed
- Inspect gas units for gas leaks
- Clean, adjust, and inspect burner assembly
- Clean, adjust, and inspect ignition system and safety controls
- Perform an inspection on the heat exchanger and heating elements
- Check fuel system for signs of corrosion, proper attachment to the furnace, and for any dislocated sections.
- Inspect control box along with it’s wiring, connections, and associated controls.
- Replace air filter
- Check ductwork for leaks
- When starting the unit up, monitor the system for any uncharacteristic behavior, listen for abnormal noises, and be aware of any unusual odors.
- In gas furnace units, monitor for correct line and manifold gas pressures and make any needed adjustments.
- Inspect vent system to ensure proper operation
Once these maintenance tasks have been performed by a professional HVAC technician, you should receive a full report detailing all of the components that were checked, how they performed, and any adjustments/repairs that had to be made. This is an important part of your maintenance service that will help you understand the current functionality of your unit and any changes that were made.
Contact the team at American Services to have your very own maintenance service completed today!
At the end of each season, many commercial business owners look into the possibility of trusting a new HVAC team to complete any needed service, repair, or maintenance work. The possibility of letting another company win your business leaves you open to save some money and get your equipment in better shape for the future. Today, the team at American Services wants to convince you of their ability to do all of that and more. Let’s get started with the top five reasons why you should choose American Services as your end-of-the season HVAC contractor.
- Reason #1 – Our Technicians. At American Services we only employ the most knowledgeable technicians in the business and we make sure they stay that way with the latest training and certifications.
- Reason #2 – Our FREE estimates. At American Services we are always ready to give you a FREE estimate concerning any upcoming project you are considering. Your FREE estimate will tell you just how much you will need to spend and take the guess work out of saving for upcoming HVAC projects.
- Reason #3 – Customer Service. – When you choose American Services you can know that you will always be met with the best customer care in the business. This includes interactions with our technicians, office staff, and other key team members.
- Reason #4 – 24/7 Service. At American Services our technicians are ready to take care of all of your emergency needs with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service. This includes all holidays and weekends.
- Reason #5 – Customizable Preventative Maintenance. Our unique customized preventative maintenance contracts take the guess-work out of service contracts and only focus on the services you need – never anything extra, and that saves you money!
Call the team at American Services for a FREE Wentzville area heating and cooling maintenance service review before the cold weather arrives and your system isn’t ready!
Saving money on energy costs by utilizing the latest efficiency standards from EnergyStar.gov is important for small business owners. This advice can be especially helpful to those who are in the grocery or convenience store business since both of these sectors use a number of systems that can use lots of energy. Today, let’s take a look at how grocery and convenience store owners can save money on heating and cooling costs.
Keeping your retail space comfortable for your employees and customers is an important aspect in how you do business. If any of the equipment related to your HVAC system isn’t working, your business could suffer. That’s why it’s important to keep up with certain tasks related to your HVAC system’s well-being. These tasks will also reduce your energy usage and save you money on your monthly utility bills. Here are a few tips you can use to keep your space comfortable, energy usage down, and your equipment in working order:
- Have a programmable thermostat installed. A programmable thermostat will allow you the ability to cool and heat only when needed. This feature will save you money and allow your system some time off.
- Have your equipment tuned-up on a yearly basis. Get a professional HVAC technician to come out and give your system a thorough maintenance inspection. This will not only save one your energy costs, but can also help to prevent catastrophic loss of usage due to a major unexpected failure in the system.
- Have your air filter changed on a monthly basis, especially during high usage months. This will maximize your air flow and help keep energy costs down.
The team at American Services wants to help you keep your Collinsville area heating and cooling equipment in great shape for years to come! Contact our team today for more details on our customized preventative maintenance packages designed especially for small businesses.
If you own a business that uses ice machine units, you should already understand how much of an investment these practical machines can be. So, isn’t it best to take care of that investment as opposed to letting some minor maintenance issues cause your equipment to loose value and work inefficiently? Today, the refrigeration team at American services wants to give you an idea of the top five things you can do to keep your ice machines running smoothly. Here’s our top five maintenance tasks you need to perform on your ice machines regularly.
- Take out all removable parts to be properly cleaned according to manufacturer recommendations.
- Pressure clean the bin drain.
- Perform an acid wash on the unit’s evaporator.
- Thoroughly scrub and sanitize the ice machine’s bin.
- Adjust the ice level sense probe so that it is in proper calibration after cleaning has been performed.
As you can see, these tasks are something you can perform on your own or with the help of a trained professional. Just make sure that you always follow the recommendations given to you in your unit’s owner’s manual. This practice will ensure that you are serving clean, fresh ice from a machine that is working at an optimal speed and with little wear and tear.
If your commercial refrigeration equipment near Sunset Hills is in need of some regularly scheduled maintenance, the team at American Services is ready to help. Our team of professional refrigeration experts can help you implement a maintenance plan that is on budget and in accordance with the manufacturer recommendations for your specific equipment. The customer care team can also help you get into a customized preventative maintenance plan that will ensure that you will always be giving your commercial equipment the attention it needs. Call to have us take a look at all of your HVAC, refrigeration, cooking, ice machine, and industrial equipment now!
Every business that relies on any type of refrigeration equipment should be securing that equipment’s use with a smart and effective regular maintenance schedule. Regular scheduled maintenance is key in the proper function of your equipment and additionally reduces down time from unexpected issues. Today, the Fenton area refrigeration experts at American Services will explain the most common issues that occur when regular maintenance is ignored.
Here are six of the top issues caused by lack of preventative maintenance:
- Fan Motor Failure – This issue it caused by dirty coils that restrict air flow.
- Thermostat Failure – This is caused by high amp draw from dirty condenser coils.
- Burnt and Failing Wiring – This is also caused by excessive amp draw that stems from dirty condenser coils and high head pressure.
- Compressor Failure – This is caused by a combination of dirty condenser coils and high head pressure.
- Capillary Tubing Restriction – This is caused by the overheating and fouling of refrigerant oil.
- Excessive Electrical Consumption and Amp Draw – This is cause by longer dirty condenser coils that cause longer run times for your unit.
As you can see, a number of issues can arise from simply ignoring the routing care that is needed by your refrigeration equipment. Just think about how much of an investment each piece of equipment is! Don’t waste your money and cause an inconvenience to your customers by ignoring a few simple tasks. Maintenance service is always money well spent!
Get your refrigeration equipment on a regular maintenance schedule that will prevent these issues and save you money by calling the customer care team at American Services today! We can give you a free estimate, get you on a monthly payment plan, and save you money. Don’t let your equipment fail due to a simple maintenance issue. Call the American Services team now!
Deciding if a commercial HVAC service contract is right for your business can be tricky. You’ll need to look at the average amount you spend on repairs over the course of a year, figure out if the terms of the contract will meet your needs, and then decide if investing in the contract will save you money and down time in the end. That’s why American Services has a team of experts devoted just to the area of customized preventative maintenance and service contracts. These individuals can take you through the process of projecting your yearly service costs, designing your contract to meet your needs, and making it an affordable option that can be paid for over the course of the year. Even though all of that sounds great, many of our clients have additional questions. Today, let’s take a look at just a few of these questions and offer some answers.
Is is true that having a customized preventative maintenance and service contract can reduce interruption in my business?
Yes. The down time you experience due to an emergency call-out can add up, but with a service contract many of those emergency calls will be avoided.
Can having a customized preventative maintenance and service contract really save me money?
Yes. Our contracts are designed to keep your equipment in the best shape possible. This reduces your cost of emergency repairs and prolongs the life of your equipment. Our contracts also hep business owners budget the maintenance they will needs across an entire year making a service contract easy to afford.
Do your customized preventative maintenance and service contracts comply with my manufacturer’s warranty.
Yes. In fact, our team will review the necessary terms within your warranty to ensure our team is properly maintaining your equipment according to the appropriate specs.
Contact the American Services team to get your HVAC service contract near Ladue in place today! Our team is waiting to serve you and can’t wait to help you save valuable time and money!
Many restaurant owners avoid maintenance their expensive equipment because they feel like it is a waste of time and/or money. This is a huge misconception and can actually end up costing you more than you may realize. You see, proper regularly scheduled maintenance is something that all restaurant equipment requires. From simple tasks you can do on your own, to larger jobs that require a professional, these preventative maintenance steps provide an abundance of benefits. Today, the team at American Services will go over three of the major benefits associated with proper preventative maintenance.
- Life of Product – The life span of your expensive equipment is partially dependent upon your ability to properly maintain the unit. These little checks keep things in proper working order and prevent larger problems from occurring. In fact, the only way to get a full life span from any of your restaurant equipment is by committing to a regular maintenance schedule.
- Warranty – Your equipment most likely came with a nice manufacturer warranty that is designed to protect you against certain defects for a given amount of time. In that warranty contract, you will find that the manufacturer is only going to cover any issues you may have if you are properly maintaining your equipment and keeping record of the maintenance jobs being performed. Don’t make the mistake of voiding your new equipment warranty. Invest in a good maintenance schedule now.
- Reliability – As with most restaurant owners, your business relies on the many pieces of equipment your employees use to serve your customers on a daily basis. If any number of your units went out you would have an interruption in service and loss of business. The best way to avoid these emergency break-down situations is to catch any problems during routine maintenance checks. These checks will make your equipment more reliable and provide you with peace of mind.
If you need help with your restaurant equipment maintenance near Fenton contact the American Service team for a free customized preventative maintenance estimate now!
After working with your average commercial heating service contractor you may be wondering if you will ever be able to stay on budget in regards to the repairs, maintenance, and upgrades you often need for your HVAC system. This is most-likely due to the fact that you either have a contract that is not designed to meet your specific needs or because you simply don’t have one at all. That’s why so many St. Louis business owners have decided to stick with the American Services team. Our skilled professionals not only get the job done right, but can also get you into the scheduled maintenance contract needed to keep your costs under control and within your needed budget.
So, what makes an American Services service contact extra special. It starts with our people. The team at American Services specifically understand the commercial side of the HVAC business. Our contract writers are able to meet with and understand your budget, maintenance needs, and specialty equipment. These individuals are then able to make suggestions and write a customized preventative maintenance plan that fits into all of your must-haves. We have been providing this service to our customers for over 25 years and take great pride in being the best around.
What are you waiting for? Why not get the customized service you deserve by contacting the team about a preventative maintenance contract today. We can even come out to your location to get a feel for what equipment you have and offer our many other services as well. These extra services include repairs, maintenance, and instillation of cooking equipment, refrigeration units, ice machines, industrial equipment, beverage systems, and water filtration units. You see, American Services can save you in down time as well by providing all of your needed services in one trip. Let our team prove to you why we should be your commercial heating contractor near Edwardsville.
At American Services, our technicians are often asked how they suggest caring for a cooling unit during the winter months. This is a really good question and one we would like to address with you. Here are some of our most basic recommendations:
First, it’s important to prepare your cooling unit for it’s off season by having a full maintenance check at the end of the cooling season. This service will go over all of the parts of your units, asses their functionality, and address any needed repairs. The unit will then be ready for the cold months when it is not in use and ensure it’s proper function when it is put back into service later in the year.
The off-season for your cooling system is also the best time to prepare to replace or upgrade any outdated units. Our team can come to your location and give you a full estimate with recommendations that will save you energy and thus reduce your overall energy bills. We are well-versed in all the latest technology that makes cooling any size building more cost-effective and comfortable for employees and customers alike.
Finally, we also recommend talking to our customer care team about designing a Customized Preventative Maintenance Plan. This team of experts can work with any budget and any size business in coming up with a plan that saves you both time and money. The best part about these plans is that they make budgeting for maintenance work simple and they provide the needed maintenance to keep you in compliance with any applicable manufacturer warranty you may have.
Don’t waste the valuable time you have during the winter ignoring your cooling unit simply because it isn’t being used. Take this time to contact our team for a full evaluation. Our quality service is why so many Jefferson County area Commercial cooling clients continue to choose us over all the rest.
As the new year approaches, it’s a great time to start thinking about ways you can maximize the money spend on your expensive refrigeration units. For some this means an upgrade or replacement, but for others it comes down to putting a preventative maintenance schedule in place. The best way to get the most out of scheduled maintenance visits is to invest in a Customized Preventative Maintenance Contract from American Services. Let us tell you why!
First, having a Preventative Maintenance Contract from American Services means that your equipment will be getting the periodic attention it needs to run at peak performance. No more temperature retention issues or unexpected repairs. When your equipment is receiving the attention it needs, it just simply works better.
Second, a Preventative Maintenance Contract from American Services will save you money. Our team will design a plan that fits within your budget and spreads the cost out over time. This means there will be surprise costs or unexpected rated increase for the terms of your contract, making this type of plan perfect for the business owner who runs a tight budget.
Finally, you will get the satisfaction of knowing that your equipment is in compliance with all manufacture warranties. You will also know that your equipment will last longer, need fewer repairs, and will need to be replaced less often. This save you money, time, and down time.
Give the team at American Services a call right now to customize a commercial refrigeration plan for your St. Louis County area business! Our customer care specialists can be reached at 855-733-1776. We will get you in touch with our Customizable Preventative Maintenance experts who will help you create a contract that will save you time, money, and increase the overall productivity of your equipment. Don’t spend 2015 wishing you would have made this investment. Get a free estimate now!