Moving past the whole house fan option that we discussed in details in our previous two posts, we are going to look closer at other cooling options, on behalf of your St Louis Cooling sales near Collinsville IL, for those who either cannot get or do not choose to have a central air conditioner.
Portable air conditioners are what we will glance at first and they are actually similar to window units in operation. They sit on the floor (usually on casters) and use an adapter kit to vent the hot air through a hose running through a window, a wall, or a sliding glass door. Some of the advantages we found in using these units to cool your space are as follows: They’re easy to install and use and you can move them from room to room. They come plagued with costly disadvantages, however, that we were able to uncover in our research on behalf of your Commercial Cooling Repair in St Louis near Collinsville. The disadvantage list is as follows: They’re almost twice as expensive and use more energy than a similar-size window unit with the same cooling capacity. At this time, there are no Energy Star–qualified portable room air conditioners. Portable air conditioners usually range in price from $300 to $1,500 depending on the size, features, and efficiency.
There are mini-split systems to consider according to our findings on behalf of your St Louis Industrial Cooling Sales near Collinsville. “Long popular in Europe and Japan, a mini-split system air conditioner (sometimes called ductless AC), is a hybrid of central air and a window unit. A small condenser sits outside and connects through a conduit to an inside evaporator mounted high on the wall or ceiling.” The advantages here are the silent operation they provide. The condenser is outside, so you won’t hear the noisy portion at all. The indoor fan is ultra-quiet. Also, this system can be mounted virtually anywhere since its components are so small. We have more details we could share, that we uncovered in our St Louis Cooling Service research, but this will at least give you some of the basics and a clear understanding that there are definitely alternate ways to cooling your space, aside from the central AC we all know and love.
It’s imporatant to sure your HVAC system is the right size for your commercial facility, When fitted with a system that’s not just right, you are sure to experience energy waste that in turn wastes money! Today, let’s explore some of the factors you should consider when choosing the right commercial cooling system near Edwardsville!
- Take a good look at your current heating and cooling usage. What can you do to reduce your load before you select a new unit?
- Remember that over sizing your unit is the worst possible choice you can make. Equipment that is too large for your facility will cost you more at the time of installation, as well as cost you more in operational costs over time. Always get a free estimate from the professionals at American Services to avoid this mistake.
- Make sure you get a quote on both a standard-efficiency unit and a high-efficiency unit. You will also want to take a look at the lifecycle cost for each choice.
- If you decide to purchase a room air conditioner or light commercial cooling unit, be sure it has the ENERGY STAR label.
- Do you live in a humid climate? Here in St. Louis our summers can include extended periods of humid weather. If this is the case for you too, consider installing a supplemental de-humidification unit.
- Make sure to invest in a programmable thermostat so that your settings can be automated.
- Remember that what is going on inside of your commercial building will affect your cooling system just as much as what is going on outside. Make sure to consider a system that will accomodate your specific needs surrounding a commercial kitchen, computer data center, etc.
Compact and portable computer cooling units conveniently fit into small spaces, providing you a fast on- the-spot cooling solution. It is unnecessary to over-spend when all you need is more moderate supplemental cooling. Computer controlled room air conditioner help create a safe environment to protect your equipment or valuable data. Using portable programmable air conditioner allows for cooling after-hours or during weekends and on holidays.
Portable air conditioners provide supplemental or instant emergency back-up cooling that can be used when the primary cooling system isn’t functioning properly or fails altogether. With a trend towards smaller, hotter servers, equipment shutdowns may be more likely to occur when or if the existing air conditioning system falters. Although small and easy to store, a compact unit producing 8,000 BTU can quickly provide cool and fresh air for up to 250 square feet. Furthermore, this option is available at a cost of around just $1 per day. Better yet the money up front needed to purchase a quality unit can be as little as about $300.
Dehumidifying modes is an option to take under consideration. Humidity can be just as much of a problem as heat when it comes to cooling commercial spaces. Even a smaller, less costly A/C unit with a dehumidifying function can extract up to 50 pints of water per day. Another useful feature is a self-evaporative system. If equipped, an auto-drain system that eliminates the need to manually drain water from the unit. Multiple fan speeds let you customize the setting s and to control noise and air output.
Energy Saving Programmable Features: Cut costs by setting the unit to run only when you need it, and have it efficiently cool your space before you even get there using the 24 hour programmable timer– The timer allows you to set the unit to cycle on automatically, or once it is on, you can set it to automatically turn off. American Services are experts in commercial cooling systems near University City in St Louis and can help plan your next project.